WoW Free starter edition

My life is over. I've never played official WoW cuz... well... $15 a month. But if I play up to level 20... I'm sure I'll be too hooked to turn back. Daaaaaaangit.

I spend way more per month on stuff like movies (in the theater), soda/pop, coffee, etc.

But I don't drink, smoke, chew, gamble, or stuff like that... so I don't see $15 per month in entertainment costs as too terrible, to be honest. There's a lot more expensive ways that I could choose for entertainment.

It's all about looking at your budget and prioritizing different areas. If you're sacrificing tithing, food, bills, debt repayment, etc then you need to save that $15 and get a library card instead.

I spend way more per month on stuff like movies (in the theater), soda/pop, coffee, etc.

To some people "Soda pop" and coffee are more necessities than entertainment items.

I think it depends on how often you buy other video games too. If you buy two-ish games per month, WoW becomes cheaper the longer you play it.

I'm just hecka cheap. I don't usually buy games until I get them for $15 or less. :p

Didn't mean to derail ya with price justification. It really is cheap entertainment in the scheme of things.

...and personally, I'm hype about actually giving WoW a fair shot... even if it's only the early game.

Starter Edition = 14-day trial - time limit

The same restrictions (no trade, no auction house, no joining a guild, etc.) apply.

And if you can't access the AH, why even bother playing?

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I wish Blizzard and Redeemed success, but I don't want people getting the wrong idea about the "Starter Edition" and claims that the game is "free to play to level 20." So much of the content that makes the game worth playing to so many (i.e. guilds) is unavailable that it will be useless to most as anything other than a system benchmark and a demo. Sure, you could play the trial for more than 14 days, but why would you?

EDIT#2: For anyone interested in trying out WoW, I'd recommend just waiting until the holiday season and watching for sales. The base WoW game (no expansions) has been $5 or $10 (I forget which) the last 2 years. For a low cost, you'd get to play the game for 30 days, experience the wonder of the auction house, and, most importantly, join Redeemed. :) And it would be cheaper than buying the digital standard copy or whatever they're calling the paid upgrade to a regular account.

Last edited:
I actually received a free game code from Blizzard for being a long time customer. It actually gives you the WoW battle chest..classic and tbc, and a 30 day game card. I gave the code to my nephew. I was curious has any1 else received anything like this.

[FONT=&quot]Heath,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As a thank you for being a veteran World of Warcraft® subscriber, we're giving you a FREE copy of World of Warcraft to share with a friend.

Simply have your friend follow the steps below to receive their free copy of the game: [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Create a Battle.net account at http://www.battle.net[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After logging in, select "Account" from the top menu.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Click the "Add a Game" button on the account management page.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]4.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Enter the Game Key provided below.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxx
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After following these steps, your friend will have 30 days of access to the full version of World of Warcraft with no trial restrictions.

Thanks again for being a part of the World of Warcraft community for so many years. We hope your friend enjoys the game! [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]- The [FONT=&quot]World of Warcraft[/FONT] Team [/FONT]

Last edited:
Back