WOW Beta Account Information

Some servers are reportedly having even more problems which is probably why some people are having difficulties (My beloved server 39... Nooo).

So what's the RP server like?

I can't find the thread anymore, but on the WoW forums there was a thread about this. Alot of people can't seem to get in, but alot can too since the servers seem to be decently populated when I can get a server list. It's got to have something to do with the server restart earlier this afternoon since that's when most people started having this problem. Geese I'm getting addicted.
tounge.gif
Lowsy 15 bucks a month they're asking. Probably will end up going in for 6 months in advance then, at least it takes it down to like 13 or so.
tounge.gif

Actually the rp server is kinda fun. There are many reasons why i prefer rp server or normal and pvp. Alot of people get rp server and coop (or a new term i recently learned "carebear" server) mixed up. A rp server does not mean there is no pvp in it...what it means is people are expected in public chat channels to remain in character at all times. What I like about this is it eliminates most swearing, dude speak, and overall childish atmospheres. It does not eliminiate all problems  though as you still have to contend with people disagreeing over their views of what roleplaying is. I think after release the wow rp servers will be a wonderful place to play on, and will prolly prefer my children play there over the other servers if we let them play. In the rp servers not only do you have the npc's getting you involved in the games storlines but you have the players expanding those storylines making for a much more realistic, alive, and interactive feel in game. It isnt really hard to roleplay your character. Just play them as you normally do but remembering that your character wouldnt talk about what you watched on tv the night before or that new video game you want for christmas..etc.  I don't like the pvp servers because people randomly gank each other without a reason, where as in rp the war between the alliance and the horde validate defending your territory and raiding theirs. Was alot of fun seeing the humans response today to a small raid by the horde.

Well im not quite sure what you mean by rp pvp server. There seemed to be plenty of pvp when that undead and those trolls came into goldshire. They where quickly hunted down and killed by the humans who ran into them.

RP servers, at least in the open beta, use normal rules for PvP, meaning you are not automatically flagged for PvP in contested zones (Redridge, Hillsbrad, Stranglethorn; any area level 20 and over). You are basically free to do whatever you want without distraction from the horde unless you enter PvP.

What it means is if you see a horde walking by, you can't attack them. Not very realistic from an RP standpoint in my opinion. As many have said, PvP can be a whole lot more fun than the normal servers.

Ganking, I think, will not be as bad as it sounds. If we do choose an RP server with PvP rules, that will already eliminate a lot of the immaturity that is associated with gankers. Personally, I think it is also a bit more realistic from an RP standpoint: If you see a horde walking by, you will want to attack him or her since horde and alliance are enemies.

The more I think about it, the more I want a PvP RP server.

Back