word definitions

jwh

Can someone write a list of words associated with GW and their definitions. It would help me out greatly as I sometimes can't follow conversations.

Thanks

I'll start one, but I have to go in a few minutes. I'm sure others will pick it up from there.

Newbie: Every player starts out as a newbie-- someone who doesn't know the game very well, but wants to learn. Example: Setred is a newbie, but he's a cool guy.

n00b: A word that no one in this guild will ever, and I mean EVER, use towards another player (except in jest). Someone who thinks they know how to play, but in reality is more of a detriment to their group.

1337/Leetist: Someone who believes themselves better than everyone else, derived from the word "elite". Generally, leetists are the ones who call others n00bs.

Mob: Short for mobile; MMO slang for enemy. Example: Setred drew all the mobs to him so he could tank.

Tank: Someone built to absorb damage from the enemy. Example: I was in a group the other day where Setred tanked for us.

Nuker: Someone built to deal damage through magic. Example: The Ele nuked the snot out of those guys with Fire Storm.

Healer: Someone built to keep everyone alive. Example: Setred took a bunch of damage from the mobs, but the healer did a great job of keeping him alive.

Buff/Debuff: A buff is a good status effect. A debuff is a spell that removes beneficial statuses. Example: The monk buffed up with Protective Bond, but the necro debuffed the monk with Rend Enchantments.

Rez: Short for Resurrect, to revive from knocked out status. You are left with a death penalty when you get rezzed. Example: The mobs took out Setred, but the monk rezzed him after the battle.

Interrupt/Disrupt: A skill meant to prevent others from using skills. Example: The monk tried to rez Setred, but the opposing Ranger mob interrupted him with Distracting Shot.

PUG: Pickup Group. A random group of adventurers with no common interests beyond what they agree to do together. Example: The PUG split up after doing the mission.

Aggro - Abbreviation from Aggrevate or Aggression, meaning to be close enough to monsters that they are drawn to you

Battery - a Necromancer who uses skills on others to replenish their energy stores

BiP and WoP - Blood is Power/Well of Power - 2 Necro spells commonly used by Batteries, moreso the former though.

Echo Nuker/Spiker - a E/Me that uses an "echo" spell to allow them to quickly cast the same spell several times in a row

LFG - Looking for group

LFR - Looking for Runner

UW/FoW - UnderWorld / Fissure of Woe - 2 places only accesible from Temple of the Ages, you need to be ascended to go there and it costs 1 platinum as well

DP - Death Penalty

Back