Wintersday 2006

MaidMirawyn

Woohoo! Looks like lots of goodies, including TWO types of candy canes, a use for candy cane shards, and storage involving the new headgear! Yay!

# Green Candy Cane: The return of the adventurer's favorite candy treat.

Rainbow Candy Cane: A different flavor of candy cane that should also make those long days of questing much more enjoyable.
Candy Cane Shards: Collect these colorful fragments by questing and competing. The outcome of Wintersday hangs in the balance, and your contribution of Candy Cane Shards may make all the difference. Besides, you never know what somebody might trade for these once the festivities come to a close. Tip: Hold onto those shards until the Wintersday finale and use them for good (or mischievous) intent!
Special Rewards: In the tradition of the season, you'll receive special headgear during the Wintersday finale. And even better, you'll get a new means of storing it, as well.

Now if they would just START it!

Wintersday 2006

My favorite part:

Special Rewards: In the tradition of the season, you'll receive special headgear during the Wintersday finale. And even better, you'll get a new means of storing it, as well.

you forgot the new title
Skillz think its called.
i already got like 450 points to it :)

EDIT: I got it :D

Last edited:
So... how do you get these goodies? I'm not having any luck. Do they drop from monsters? Are they in chests? Can you purchase them from merchants?

I'm lost. :confused:

I wish I had a graphics card. Alternatively I wish I had a working copy of XP pro with SP2, I could at least play on my macbook. I wanted that Skillz title soo bad too :(.

I wanted that Skillz title soo bad too :(.
all i did was three days straight of Snowballing:D , i found that it helped not to think about how many points you need, but how many games you need to win till you get it. BTW: its the best title in the game. the z thing really punches it home. Poor Kel shes had to deal with all my braging.:eek:

ALSO: if you look at the title description is says "when you particapate in a festival game" meaning that its not limited to Wintersday. Im preety sure this is right tho not confirmed. so dont give ur hopes up. my goal is one lvl per festival. so for now i just got Skillz :cool:

all i did was three days straight of Snowballing:D , i found that it helped not to think about how many points you need, but how many games you need to win till you get it. BTW: its the best title in the game. the z thing really punches it home. Poor Kel shes had to deal with all my bragging.:eek:

ALSO: if you look at the title description is says "when you participate in a festival game" meaning that its not limited to Wintersday. I'm pretty sure this is right tho not confirmed. so don't give ur hopes up. my goal is one lvl per festival. so for now i just got Skillz :cool:

I think I heard about the out come of every match :D It was my idea to wait till the next festival to work on the next lvl (and maybe get some peace or better yet a questing partner).

So... how do you get these goodies? I'm not having any luck. Do they drop from monsters? Are they in chests? Can you purchase them from merchants?

I'm lost.

I've been getting most of my info from http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Wintersday_2006
and am now up to 199 candy canes and 187 shards from farming. I thought I should try for 50 a day but am feeling like it is more work than I bargained for.
Some good farming places are:

Nightfall:Juvenile termite legs leave Champions Dawn going east. Kill the plants, the roots don't drop as often but why not try right? Head to the the river for your first group of termites. Head up the river avoiding the Skales when possible, there will be two more big groups of termites and another group north of sunspear great hall. Continue east killing plants till your bags are full then rinse. repeat. enjoy.

Note: although termites are only level 2 there is always a drake level 10 in each group. I have gotten blue runes and drake fresh is still 250g so again why not kill him right?

Prophesies: Do Fort Ranik mission kill all the Char along the way. Don't use the catapult at the end for maximum drops kill them all by hand. Nice thing about this mission is there are no other monsters it is ALL Char and the char hides can be turned in to a collector in Ascalon city for fur.

Alternately you can run back and forth between frontier gate and ruins of Surmia. this is a short run with nothing but Grawl. 2 necklaces per cc and each run nets 5-12 necklaces in about 10 min. each way. I have also gotten 5 dye drops in the last 12 hours here.

Kel Queen of all Europe

I have also gotten 5 dye drops in the last 12 hours here.

Kel Queen of all Europe
what she means is that I got 4 dyes and gave then to her. ;)

PS: sry i couldnt get on, had to babysit the runts. :rolleyes:

Wintersday Finale

Ugh, so I'm missing the finale because I don't have NF, and I'm not to Lion's Arch yet, AND I haven't been able to get on all day anyway.

I don't suppose anybody will have an extra Festival Hat they'd be willing to get rid of?? Maybe? Please?:(

-Chadley

Ugh, so I'm missing the finale because I don't have NF, and I'm not to Lion's Arch yet, AND I haven't been able to get on all day anyway.

I don't suppose anybody will have an extra Festival Hat they'd be willing to get rid of?? Maybe? Please?:(

-Chadley

All Festival hats are customized upon creation, just like armor. No one can have the festival npc make you a hat either as it is immediately customized for the character that created it. To get a hat you had to be there. Sorry you missed it :( .

Chadley, if you ever need help or would like some guild company, feel free to whisper me in game. Since I don't have NF, I've been finding others ways to entertain myself and have found that I don't "game" with guildies enough.

The festival is now extended through next Friday morning. Snowball fights, winter gifts, and candy canes till you drop.

Kel Queen of all Europe

i have yet to get into the swing of the whole wintersday pvp.... i find it is a bit over rated... then again, is it different for NF than factions? if so then that would probably explain it

Back