Winter 2016 anime season

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I was starting to feel like this season of anime was a bust.

And then I watched the first episode of Boku dake ga Inai Machi.

Wow.

So I thought, "Okay, the first episode was fantastic. It's unlike anything I've seen in a long while [though I did recall Kokoro Connect, a contemporary fantasy anime series from 2012, later]. But can they meet my unfairly high expectations with the second episode?"

Then I watch the second episode and it surpasses my expectations. I want to repeat that to drive home the point because I've been watching anime since a friend bought subtitled VHS tapes of Neon Genesis Evangelion in the late 90s: The episode surpassed my expectations.

The third episode just aired and I'm seriously considering staying up late to watch it even though I know that's not a smart thing to do.

I also enjoyed the first episode of Dimension W and I'll probably watch the entire series, but I'm not nearly as emotionally invested in it as Boku dake ga Inai Machi (a.k.a. ERASED).

And I'm still watching World Trigger. And I think I've gotten over being embarrassed about enjoying it. Maybe.

I still need to give World Trigger a go.

Started on Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation. Have only watched the first episode which was... lackluster, but at least not the same as .hack//Sign or Sword Art Online, despite some similarities in setting. We'll see how it goes.

Gotta watch this Boku dake ga Inai Machi. :O

Gotta watch this Boku dake ga Inai Machi. :O
I have to warn you: Watching ERASED, especially the third episode, really shook me. I have to strongly warn anyone electing to watch the series to do so without any children present--not because of any morally questionable material, but because the series deals head on with some very painful real world issues.

And even if you are an adult, I don't recommend watching the third episode right before going to bed.

Trust me. ;_;

EDIT: Also, you may want to watch it either alone or only in the company of people who have seen you cry before.

Kono Suba is brilliant to the core, and I enjoyed every episode (except 9 which is skip-able for heavy adult content) Love the humor, characters, concepts, total gem!

Back