Winds of change

coldturkey49

Redeemed grows strong. We have become much stronger over the course of the last month, since raiding started. People have gotten their toons to rank 40, and nabbed some phat lootz along the way. A very HUGE thank you and God bless you to all the people who worked hard to get to Rank 40.

But this is only the beginning. As of Monday, February 2nd, things are going to START to change a bit.

1) RAIDING

Raid nights will still be Monday, Thursday, and Saturday. However, we will be moving away from Bastion Stair on Monday and Thursday. Instead, we are going to start doing Warp Blade Tunnels and Sigmar’s Crypt. These 2 instances REQUIRE you to be Rank 40, and have at least 3 lesser wards (obtained via annihilator or blood lord sets).

The following toons, to my knowledge, meet(or are VERY close) to meeting the rank and gear requirements:
MAINS->
Buffkeo - Iron Breaker - 5 Annihilator
Serdoc - Iron Breaker - 4 Annihilator
Didasko - Warrior Priest - 2 Annihilator (get that 3rd piece Didasko J)
Durruck - Arch Mage - 4 Annihilator
Samette - Shadow Warrior - 3 or 4 Annihilator
Kutluch - Witch Hunter - 3 Sentinel! and 2 Annihilator
Zebedee - Bright Wizard - 5 Annihilator
Ambriana - Bright Wizard - 4 Annihilator
ALTS ->
Ilya - White Lion - 3 Annihilator
Valisha - Shadow Warrior - 3 Annihilator
Zebenere - Engineer - 3 Annihilator

If you have a toon on the above list, I would very strongly encourage/beg you to show up to the Monday and Thursday night raids, which as said above, will be the nights we try these bigger and better instances. Remember, these instances are on a 2 day 20 hour lock out (or something like that), so that is why Monday and Thursday are now for them.

If your name is not on the list above, you are rank 40, and you got enough wards, PLEASE let me know.

Saturday has shown very weak attendance overall, but it will stay as a raid night.

If there is not enough attendance to the raid nights, those who decided to attend are more than welcome to do some RvR with yours truly. We have done this once already, and it worked out very well I thought.

Also, if your toon is in the 30+ range, and cannot attend the new raids because you have to be Rank 40, I ask you to not be discouraged by it. Get to rank 40, get 3 pieces of Annihilator, and you are more than welcome to join.

2) RvR

Remember, all this raiding is for gear and building teamwork, which are in turn for the RvR success of this guild.

First of all, a bit of honesty. A few or possibly several people in the guild have more than once expressed their frustration over scenarios in T4. I cannot blame them entirely, although to be blunt I think people need to stop whining about the problem and DO SOMETHING about the problem. And I will hopefully do just that (practice what you preach, right).

We are going to try to join scenarios as a 6 man group from now on. We are going to be Rank 40 (or should all be), we are going to have good gear, we are going to work as a team and execute a strategy.

The strategy is relatively simple. The tank is the main assist. You make a macro that assists said tank. The tank will call out the targets over vent, you click the macro, and we proceed to kill all who stand in our way. And trust me, it is more effective than it might sound.

More complex strategies are in the works to be sure. One such strat totally hinges on a crit spec shadow warrior. The SW equips certain talents that basically guarantee he crits on any given attack, and then gives the group a bonus to their crit percentage when he does crit (non stacking of course). Combined with a lot of DPS toons(melee or ranged), the damage will be smashing our targets into last week. The tank of the group is the main assist, and also punts / stuns / snares all who dare to get in the way.

Anyways, the point is that from now on I would like this guild to start teaming up and running scenarios as a squad. This of course is not a requirement at all, but will apply to any given time on any given day. Also, we would not JUST be queuing scenarios, we would be doing ORvR and queuing at the same time if people are up to it.

One problem is people getting their toons to 40 or near 40 then abandoning them while rolling alts. Alts are fun, I have a few. They relieve stress while still in the game, they are more care-free. I know all this.

But instead of rolling a new alt 50% - 90% of the time, I would plead with you to instead participate in THESE team run scenarios combined with ORvR. For me, and probably several people in the guild, doing RvR as a group and showing those Rank 40 super Destro guilds ‘what for’ is more fun than playing an alt.

3) Final thoughts

I hear people say they want Redeemed to be force to be reckoned with on this server. Yet, I see only a hand full of people actually striving to reach that goal. The choice is yours in the end, you pay the $15 a month.

It’s a game. Fun is the point. But we all have different ideas on what is fun and what is not fun. Nothing is wrong with that.

So I say lets go have fun, by becoming that force to be reckoned with.

I've been using the crit spec on Samette and, yes, I crit with almost every push of a button. This, in turn, provides a +15% crit for all group members. The drawback is I have to get in their face- almost within melee range. I see stacking tough/init as key for this build.

I think a tank, SW, 2 dps, 1 WP, 1 healer, would make the "best" group for this tactic. I'd like to try it out with a group and see how it works.

Well this is Sapry and I'm currently 38 1/3. Should be late this week that I hit 40. And I have 3 annihilator pieces too. Catch ya later.

Woot! Nice work yall!

You made that boss fight look easy!

Last edited:
SamIam said:
I think a tank, SW, 2 dps, 1 WP, 1 healer, would make the "best" group for this tactic.

a healing WP or a grace WP? I noticed the other day on my WP that I could consistantly do {heal = 3*damage} when I was in a pug...with nobody guarding me, people running away from me (which means that they don't get heals from my divine strike)... I can see that by buffing crit%, that could way boost the healing done by DS.

Just curious :)

a healing WP or a grace WP? I noticed the other day on my WP that I could consistantly do {heal = 3*damage} when I was in a pug...with nobody guarding me, people running away from me (which means that they don't get heals from my divine strike)... I can see that by buffing crit%, that could way boost the healing done by DS.

Just curious :)

I think a grace/wrath spec would work best, but until we test and practice our coordination (which is the most important part) we won't know for sure.

I actually think it would be better if the WP was salvation specced, due to the huge group heals. Every destro premade usually has at least one, often 2 or 3 group-healing specced DoK's, and almost every higher-end Order premade has at least 1 salvation WP. Grace can be ok if used right, but in most cases the healing from salvation is just more effective, and 1 healer with 1 grace specced WP just won't be enough for a premade I don't think.

On the PvE raiding note, I'd like to recommend that we do Warpblades before Sigmars. I think I know all the fights in Sigmars, but have only been through there once, so I won't be able to get us around in there. Also, I find that Warpblades is slightly easier, despite what other people say, due to there only being one sub-boss and one boss that drops Greater Wards, and it's MUCH shorter to get through those. It may actually be a good idea to try Sigmars on a Saturday, because our first run very well could end up taking 2-3 hours.

I have gone through Warpblades in 45 minutes with a PuG, after we get used to it, guild runs can take as little as 15 min.

Last night, we took our first run through Warblade Tunnels. I don't know if there are multiple wings or anything like that, but we didn't have too bad of a time getting through the place, considering only 1 of us had been there before.

We had also tried Sigmar's Crypts. I don't know of the place was glitched or what, but it was insanely difficult and we never killed a single mob. Either way, I look foward to going back and giving those zombies a piece of my mind!

Back