Wildstar Chapter?

direpath

Some folks are in the beta, some aren't. Let's keep any beta discussion out of this though (in the interests of the NDA). I'm curious to see if folks are keen on playing this when it launches and whether or not a chapter of ToJ might fall in line with that interest.

Personally, I really like what I am seeing of the game. I am a bit torn as WoW:WoD will likely be coming out in a similar timeframe. That being said, I will likely purchase this and be playing it (possibly alongside WoW).

Who else is looking to get into this at launch? Hopefully everyone gets a chance to dip their feet in the beta and try before they buy.

Once we gauge some interest we can start looking into whether or not a chapter would be feasible and then get into the nitty-gritty of what that means.

I was pretty sure everything level 1-15 was lifted from NDA. I have really enjoyed the beta, so much so I stopped playing it because I was positive I want to play on launch day.

Last edited:
Is SOLA starting a Wildstar chapter or would you be joining ToJ (assuming there is enough interest)?

I'm not sure about the NDA. The impression I got is that its still on. I will keep my impressions limited to "It looks pretty awesome". ;)

Hmm after looking into it more it seems only some press and streamers were allowed to talk about WildStar's 1-15 experience. So I guess it is still under NDA.

Last edited:
I'm cool with a Wildstar chapter. I haven't seen any game content that concerns me. Granted, I haven't seen much of the game, but I doubt I'd have to worry about content in Wildstar like I might in a game like Diablo III.

The usual rules apply: We would need a ToJ member in good standing to volunteer to serve as guild leader before creating a Wildstar chapter and I would need to interview (read: I talk to the candidate for about half an hour on the phone or on TeamSpeak) and approve the appointment.

Well hopefully if we get some folks interested, one of them will be a good candidate. I know running a guild is not something I would take on. I did it way back when WoW launched and the most I will ever commit to is being an officer/asisstant/advisor hehe.

In regards to content, I do not see it being any different than WoW as far as content goes. War/rebellion is at the heart of the story, but the art style and lore seem to be light hearted at times, shifting into darker moods to keep with the story.

Last edited:
I'd be interested in playing Wildstar with ToJ. I haven't had any luck with getting a beta key, and I won't pay a monthly subscription, so I'll be looking to be pretty active to pay my own way. I really enjoyed the challenge of this method with EVE for over a year and look forward to trying it here as well.
- Jag

Given how much my interest has waned in a certain beta as opposed to playing an oldie like WoW, I'm questioning whether or not I will actually pick this one up now. Hmmm...

Given how much my interest has waned in a certain beta as opposed to playing an oldie like WoW, I'm questioning whether or not I will actually pick this one up now. Hmmm...

While I personally love my beta experience, I have heard mixed reviews. I believe most ppl agree that the Exile starting zone gets you into fun action much faster then Dominion. Also I hear that the game really does not take off till lvl 15+ which is a shame, as its often the early hours that people form decisions on. They just opened elder game content to beta testers so you should start seeing streams soon. Those that I have seen look crazy fun, so I really am not worried but hope that there is enough press on the elder game that people are not turned off from buying and making for a weak launch.

My wife (Widget in GW2) and I (Gigabit in GW2) are both pretty hyped about Wildstar and will be joining in for this weekend's beta event. We're both intrigued by the game and neither of us have seen anything objectionable yet, although our only exposure has been via YouTube and TwitchTV. Of course we'll know much more after this weekend. We'd definitely be interested in joining a ToJ chapter should the leadership decide to go in that direction.

Game looks amazing. Thoroughly enjoyed my time during the beta weekend. I would be happy to help out with a Wildstar chapter as much as I can.

Will be looking to join a in-game guild. My experience for CfD in SWTOR was awesome, so I would love for the guild to be through CGA again. :D

Game looks amazing. Thoroughly enjoyed my time during the beta weekend. I would be happy to help out with a Wildstar chapter as much as I can.

Will be looking to join a in-game guild. My experience for CfD in SWTOR was awesome, so I would love for the guild to be through CGA again. :D
Glad to hear it! :)

I'd love to see ToJ start a new guild. I would need some folks to volunteer to lead the guild, but, based on what I've read, Wildstar is a great candidate for a new ToJ guild and chapter.

Maybe it's time we start trying to rally the troops and see who might be interested in a ToJ Wildstar guild...?

I'll chime in since I started the thread. I'm on the fence for this game purchase. Between really enjoying WoW and not being as blown away as I expected by my experience in Beta, I think I will adopt a wait and see approach to this one. I may pick it up if WoD isn't as captivating as MoP has been in WoW, but we will have to see.

Still on the fence about this game. I heard there is an open beta from today till the 18th so I'm going to give it another go.

I came across this voucher code for Greenmangaming. Looks like it still works for a 25% discount on either edition of Wildstar for those who still have not bought it.

9HZ09L-D4RYEU-FIW8BE

I'm thinking a ToJ chapter is not looking like it will happen. I think SOLA is planning a chapter. From my poking around its looking like a Dominion guild on Cassus shard. Perhaps one of our resident SOLA folk can confirm this so folks have a fun Christian bunch to hang with should they choose to play.

I'm thinking a ToJ chapter is not looking like it will happen.
It's entirely up to ToJ members whether we start a Wildstar chapter or not, but yes, at this time, the odds aren't looking good. All it takes is one member in good standing to volunteer to lead a chapter then get the ol' Tek7 Stamp of Approval(TM) to turn it around, though!

"Yes you have to buy the box and yes you have to pay $15 a month, but if you're a hardcore player and you play a lot, you can use your in-game money to purchase a subscription and that way you can be playing for free after you buy the box," he said. "The great thing about it too is that if I don’t play that often, but I come in and I buy some CREDD, which is effectively a subscription, I put it on the auction house and somebody buys it for a ridiculous amount of gold, I can then take that gold and buy whatever I want because I don’t play as much as that hardcore player. To me that seems extremely fair for having a subscription fee."

Interesting. It sounds like EVE.

I wouldn't post this if I thought we had enough to launch a ToJ chapter (I'd probably be in it), but for folks planning on playing Wildstar, I tagged up with SOLA and we are getting some good numbers over there for launch. We will be playing Dominion side on the Cassus (NA PvE) server. We would gladly welcome anyone who is keen on playing.

Feel free to drop over if you are thinking of picking up the game and want to hang with some Christian brothers and sisters.

Back