Why we should play and join in Beta when it is available...

Nazereth

As I said in my other post, that I would play the Republic characters, seeing how Sith and Republic have comepletly different story lines. Also, I think it would be good for everyone to play opposite their class in beta, for practice and familiarity...for example, I want to be a Sith Sorcerer to be a Healer, well when Beta comes out, I'll roll a Jedi Consular and be a healer...story will be different, but there should still be alot of familiarity among the two classes as far as powers are concerned. I just think everyone should participate in Beta for practice and to familiarize themselves with the game and some of the classes, OPPOSITE, of what you will be primarily playing in our Guild... trust me, I'm a big Star Wars fan just as much as the next guy, but I"m thinking in terms of making us a fun, prosperous and helpful guild for anyone.

If you truly don't want to spoil the game for yourself and wait until the completed game is out then that's understandable. But I believe most of us should participate in Beta in order to help others when the final product comes out.

Well...the storylines are different. But the actual class gameplay is identical.

Sith Inquisitors/Jedi Consulars are the same exact class. The only thing different is the name of their abilities and the graphics of those abilities. They play exactly the same.

Well...the storylines are different. But the actual class gameplay is identical.

Sith Inquisitors/Jedi Consulars are the same exact class. The only thing different is the name of their abilities and the graphics of those abilities. They play exactly the same.

Exactly why we should play Beta!

When is the beta coming out?

Wait, what's this email I just got? Hmm...

every class is a mirror of the other side?

I'm sure that they aren't EXACTLY the same in capabilities, but I would think that the classes on each side will at least be similar to their equivalent on the other side. It would be really hard to create a balanced game if you had 4 completely different and unique classes for each side. Would be like if you tried to make all horde be DKs, warlocks, shamans, and rogues while all alliance were warriors, hunters, druids, and mages or something like that. Obviously that example isn't exactly right, since each class in TOR will be essentially capable of splitting into 2 different classes through advanced classes, but you get the idea.

Last edited:
I will not be playing any more betas.

I have no problem for those that do.

However, I will cast the warning. Quite often after one week or so, everything changes in MMO's.

Balancing patches change so much just before and right after launch.

That was my experience in the three or four betas I was a part of.

And if my interest in this game was based mostly off of things like game balance, that might make a difference to me. The things that I'm most looking forward to - such as the story and the voice-over - probably won't change much. The game balance and such is great to learn, but if this game turns out how I think it will, the story and gameplay will be fun enough that I'd be willing to play it alone. Adding the aspects of guilds and raiding and other MMO-typical stuff is icing on the cake, but I'd probably buy the cake without them.

well i hope to finally meet some of yall when the beta weekend starts. I have been in the game for less than a week and am truly liking it. I think it will be better once I play with people I know.

Yeah I can PM you my review if you want, I didn't have that much fun with it. Not what I want in an MMO to start over with a new one.

Hey ewoksrule, can you send me that review PM as well. I would definitely like to hear your opinion of the beta. Personally I am having fun with it but am a bit down with seeing some of the not-so-positive review or comment from a few friends that have been in beta.

I would like to see the review as well. I have a friend in beta who is really enjoying it, so I'd like to compare opinions.

The coveted "Beta Email" has not graced my inbox :( with the exception of the false alarm emails a few days ago, the ones inviting me to a survey for beta users.
I was like, did I somehow get into beta without knowing it?

Have to revise it a bit now, the latest build made some changes that were nice (companion UI control) and a few that were bad. (killed the item modification system QQ)

Last edited:
Back