Why my life is with full of problems?

Why my life is with full of problems?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Why is my life full of problems related to money, relations, stress etc? Why do all the decisions that I take always go wrong?
-------------------------------------------------------------
Man proposes and God disposes to show that you should not be too much involved in the worldly affairs and that you should turn to Him. The failures in the world show that God is very much interested in your case and is constantly trying to divert you towards Him. The failures and problems are real friends, who will turn you to God.

The success with fame is the real enemy, which drags you away from the God. When Lord Krishna asked His aunt, Kunthi, to ask for a boon, she asked Krishna to continue only problems in her life. Her argument was that she remembered the Lord always in difficulties. She wants to remember God continuously. All the things in this world proceed according to the wheel of deeds (Karma Chakra).

You cannot change the destined route of things in this nature. They reflect the systematic administration of rules and regulations laid down by the Lord. You cannot change the nature of the external atmosphere. You must cut your mental attachment to the external atmosphere and remain peaceful. With the peaceful mind, you must concentrate on God.

You are standing in the sea and meditating upon the Sun. You cannot stop the waves. The waves in the sea should not move your mind. Your body or your cloths may be moved but not your mind. For this you must think that you are not the clothes and you are not the body. You are the soul, which is pure awareness.
All the external bonds are related to your body and mind (feelings) only. This is called as self-realization through self-analysis. Sankara stressed this first part of the spiritual path because this is common to all the human beings in this world. The attainment of God is the second part of the path. Mental worry is like fever.
Attainment of God is like attaining special strength. All the fever- patients want to get rid of the fever. After liberation from the fever, some of the patients may try to get special strength by taking special tonics. Ramanuja and Madhva stressed this second part of the spiritual path through the propagation of devotion. But, the first part is common to all the patients as stressed by Sankara. The self-analysis is like the anti- biotic medicine for the fever. First you must get rid of the fever. Without subsiding the fever, you cannot proceed for tonics to attain special strength. For the first part, there is no need of even the concept of God.

Getting rid of the fever is peace. Attaining of God is bliss. Peace is required to get the bliss. Peace should not be mistaken as bliss. The soul is in your body only. If you attain the soul, you have attained your money, which is misplaced, in your house. When you get it, your worry is removed and you become peaceful. You need not become happy because it is your money only. But when you get some money on the road, outside your house, you are happy. The first part is avoiding loss and second part is attaining profit.

The Advaita scholars are very happy when they have found their own misplaced money in their houses. They feel as if they have attained money from others. They are satisfied with ‘ No loss’ and feel that itself is the profit. They invest money in business and want their original money only at the end of business. They say that this is only the maximum profit. They deny the merchants who have more money as profits. Ofcourse, these innocent scholars are better than the merchants who are in loss. They are better than mentally worried people. But they think that peace is the bliss. For them, ‘no loss’ is the only profit.

I am therefore, advising you to take the anti-biotic, which is the self- analysis as the first drug. Even for this drug to act properly and immediately, grace of God is essential as said by Sankara (Eeswaraamugrahaadeva…).

At the Lotus Feet of His Holiness Sri Dattaswami

Anil Antony

www.universal-spirituality.org
Universal Spirituality for World Peace
antonyanil@universal-spirituality.org

We live in a fallen world. There is no escape from the problems. Only when Christ returns will the world be healed.

The best rememdy is not through self-analysis, but awareness of the need for a Saviour - Jesus Christ.

Because the best remedy IS self analysis.

Dependancy on yourself, not on the intangible.

This is relevant even if you DO believe in God.

You don't need God to find peace or bliss. All you need is yourself.

NOTHING in this life is constant.

When you need help and pray to God, do you always get what you ask for?

Of course not.

The only one that can truly do anything to help you is....YOU.

Dark Virtue said:
NOTHING in this life is constant.

When you need help and pray to God, do you always get what you ask for?

Of course not.

The only one that can truly do anything to help you is....YOU.

When you pray to God, do you always get what you ask for?

No, because sometimes what you WANT isn't what you NEED. If you prayed:
"God plz drop five billyun dollars out of sky so I can get a kewl house"

I don't think that God feels you need that.

ChickenSoup said:
When you pray to God, do you always get what you ask for?

No, because sometimes what you WANT isn't what you NEED. If you prayed:
"God plz drop five billyun dollars out of sky so I can get a kewl house"

I don't think that God feels you need that.

That's called an excuse :)

Come on CS, if I had said, "When you pray to God, do you always get what you need?" you would have come up with something along the lines of not understanding your needs, etc.

Your explanation still does nothing to disprove my statement that nothing in this life is constant.

You will always get what you need, but in God's timing. Not yours.
And what you need may not be what you think you need.

Your explanation still does nothing to disprove my statement that nothing in this life is constant.

God is. the Bible is. Only, you don't believe in the truth of either so I expect you'll disregard that...

ChickenSoup said:
God is. the Bible is. Only, you don't believe in the truth of either so I expect you'll disregard that...

There is nothing that leads me to believe in your God. If I were to accept your claims of God based on your beliefs, I would also have to accept everyone else's gods based on their beliefs.

Let me ask you this...You are a husband and a father. One day, through no fault of your own, you lose your job. What do you do? Do pray to God to find you a new job? Why should God do this for you? Do you wait by the phone and wait for it to ring? Or do you fix up your resume and start looking through the paper, making phone calls and setting up interviews?

I think it would be just plain smart to do it yourself, it's not like God can do it for you, he guides you along the way, you at least have to make the effort of trying in order for him to get you on the saddle. If you just sat around I don't think he'd help you because you're not helping yourself. Thats just my two cents :)

Dark Virtue said:
Let me ask you this...You are a husband and a father. One day, through no fault of your own, you lose your job. What do you do? Do pray to God to find you a new job? Why should God do this for you? Do you wait by the phone and wait for it to ring? Or do you fix up your resume and start looking through the paper, making phone calls and setting up interviews?

What I've been told is to do everything you humanly can but leave the results to God and accept what happens. I wouldn't think God does things for us as much as He simply shows us why things happened and tells us what we should or can do.

We're given faculties and abilities to use them; I feel many people seem to undermine that, while many others like myself seem to overemphasize them. But hey, I'm not perfect :eek:

Isn't this topic best suited for the CGA Prayer and advice forum?

We all have problems and such but I think its how we react and deal with them that can show us what needs to be changed within our own charactor.

Dark Virtue said:

You pray to God for guidance in finding a new job. Simple question, simple answer. You follow God's lead. You do the leg work, God takes care of the rest. Of course you don't sit around waiting. One night deep in prayer God told me to quit my job and move, I hesitated for weeks, but kept getting the same thing. So I followed his lead. I set up my resume and applied to alot of places. I had three job offers, then He led me to a place that wasn't hiring, but was the best place to work yet. I prayed, went in, turned in a resume, and to make a long story short, got a Great job. Praise God,if you follow him, he will lead you to great places...

Back