who's genisis

G

who wrote genisis
was there a guy walking around taking notes.
And how did these guys live 930 years.

Genesis was spoken to Moses by God during their time together on the mountain.
The guy taking notes was Moses
These guys lived to 930 years because their bodies were intended to live for eternity. With the fall of man came the punishment of death. God did limit our life to 120 years after the flood and you will not the lifespan of people dropped rather quickly after the flood. There are theories as well that the condition of the pre-flood earth was such that it promoted these long lifes such as a higher atmospheric pressure and more oxygen being in the air. Under these conditions people would heal faster, run great lengths and live longer.

sry got my names mixed up.
I guess thats y his hair turned grey he had alot of listining to do.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I guess thats y his hair turned grey he had alot of listining to do.

That is actually quite humorous. He was about 120 years old when he (Moses) died. He left Egypt at about 40, spent 40 years in exile and then lead Gods people in the wilderness for another 40. Moses was a friend of God. And the only person who God himself buried.

so he was the only person to see gods face and live.

"...But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

The verse I think you are referring to about Moses seeing God's face is Exodus 33:11, right? I'm not sure God in dust cloud form is necessarily the form of God that man is unable to survive seeing, but I may be wrong. I would say Jesus was God, but I strongly believe people viewed him without dying (on the spot, at least).

He is far from a spirit in the ethereal meaning of spirit. This is simply an issue of trying to imagine or describe an eternal and infinite God with words and descriptions limited to our lack of understanding of the here and now.

Much like trying to describe automobiles in 1700 B.C using only terms available and understandable to people during that erea. Horseless Chariots would have left everybody confused...how can you power a chariot without horses? Do they use cows or chickens to power the chariot? You can't use the word motot because the term didn't exist. And if you did say that the horseless chariot is powered by a motor, you would then have to explain what a motor is and how it works again, only using terms that the people you are talking to can understand.

The same is true with God, we can't describe Gods physical existance because there are no terms, words or explainations that can be understood in our existance. A spirit with a face is much like saying a horseless chariot. The two terms are oxymorons given their context. Just as people eventually figured out what a horseless chariot is, we will come to understand Gods existance as well, every one of us.

But if I went back in time with a plane would they think I'm a god because I can fly. I find it odd that god talked alot in the Old T but not the New T. The new T is more people saying this is what he wants. Y is that.
People either fear or worship things they can't understand.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]But if I went back in time with a plane would they think I'm a god because I can fly

Not likely. Gods Choosen people were an amazingly savy and intellegent people. Many of their prophets had seen airplanes in their visions from God and yet they didn't believe these future people would be gods, nor did the people who these prophets talked tol.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I find it odd that god talked alot in the Old T but not the New T. The new T is more people saying this is what he wants. Y is that.

There are very different "times" and realities between the OT and NT. In the old testament, only the Levits (From the tribe of Levi) could commune with God. If you wanted a prayer done, you would have to get the appropriate sacrifice and take it to the temple where the priest (a Levite) would sacrifice it and offer your prayer to God. Alot of interaction between the priest and God, except in the case of the prophets. The preists had a large amount of rituals to perform before they could go before God behind the curtain in the tabernacle.

In the NT, we find that Jesus has reconciled us to God with his death. Jesus' death was so powerful that it actually ripped the curtain in the temple in two (Mathew 27:51) The curtain was in place to keep the worshipors in the temple (and the tabernacle before that) seperate from the Holy Place behind it. Entering the most holy place in the tabernacle without going through the preperation rituals meant death.

As the writer of Hebrews states in chapter 10 verse 19 and 21:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Therefore brothers, since we have confidence to enter the most Holy Place by the Blood of Jesus by a new living way opened for us through the curtain, that is his body.

We have a new line of communication with God that does not depend on a priest, as before. Through Jesus, we all now have a personal relationship with God. God does not require to do the same type of communication now as was in the OT.

is it Jesus is the only one that can talk to god and if u want to talk to god u have to talk through jesus.

No, not sure where you get that. We pray to God...there is no longer the requirement of priests to act on our behalf. And, Jesus is God, so even asking our Lord Jesus Christ is the same as asking God directly, but, that is a matter of theology, and I am not a "theologian."

"Genesis" isn't a person. "Genesis" means "Beginning". Moses wrote the first four ( or is it five? ) books of the Bible. How did people live that long? Some people ( Including me ) believe that the water in the atmosphere ( The water would come down in the flood. ) caused a green house effect, and prolonged a person's life. After the flood, the water was gone and therefor no greenhouse effect.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joseph @ June 17 2004,1:33)]cool I didn't know it ment beginning
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Edited by Savio24 @ 6:44 pm pdt on 5/27/04

I must be the only 14 year old with a mech. eng degree
Look I said what was on my mind and now its finished. I vented and its finished. That was just my opinion.

Above is from a post you made on CSNation. Interesting. I am still not sure which story I should buy. I find it extremely hard to believe somebody who claims to have a mechanical Engineering Degree didn't know what "Genesis" meant.

well I'm right now an unemployed engineer. And I wasn't really a Bible fan. I rather sit on the comp for hours and draw on AutoCad. I'm a CAD/CAM major. I draw, program and customize.

I'm not a word person as u can see with my replies. I'm more comfortable in front a comp drawing parts and customizing programs.

Back