Whoa!

Cloud G

I must have been under a rock or something.....

In a recent update, CCP has put T2 BPOs on the market. No more researching with agents in the lottery!!

um....I've never heard of T2 BPOs? How does this affect me?

Well...T2 stands for Tech 2, or Technology level 2....The good stuff.
The price has been incredibly high on all T2 stuff because the only way to get it was to make it, and to make it you had to have a BPO, which was very tough to get......now that they are easy to get, the price on all the stuff is coming down......DRASTICALLY!

Very good knew for everyone.....especially newbies.

I'll be honest, I have no idea what you just said. Please clarify!

Ok...let me give some back ground....

In EVE, everything (ships, modules, ammo....) is all built and sold by players.* To build something you need a Blue Print. there are two types of blue prints, BPOs and BPCs. BPOs are Blue Print Original, BPCs are Blue Print Copies. the difference is that BPCs have a limit to the number of time they can be used, and BPOs can be research to get better efficiency out of them.

Everything is divided into either Tech 1, or Tech 2. Tech 1 is the easy to get cheap stuff. Tech 2 is expensive for the most part, but it much much better equipment. Think of it like the difference between a common and a rare sword.

Up until now, the only way to get a T2 piece of equipment was to either buy it from someone, of get a blue print and built it yourself.

While you could buy BPCs from players, they were expensive. To get a BPO, you had to do spacial research with an agent and obtain RP(Research Points). These points were more or less lottery tickets, and occasionally would get a random T2 BPO.

SO....
Since it was rare to get certain BPOs, and demand for T2 stuff is high, things where expensive. Now, since it's a lot easier to get T2 BPOs, the price on stuff is coming down.

an example is the covertops cloaking module. It's the best cloak in the game and a must for covops pilots. This past summer it was past 70 million isk which is a ton. Now it's down to 12 million.

*NOTE:Many low level items in certain areas are seeded

To make things easier for players to get. And to encourage players to use stuff. Not many will fly a ship that takes months to pay for that has paper armor.

It also balances out the economy somewhat.

The problem was the T2 tended to end up all in the hands of certain corps and they could artificially limit the supply and bump the prices as high as they wanted.

Back