Who wants a free copy of HL2?

soulrver

Ok, this is probably way off topic, but I've got a free copy of Half Life 2 to give away and everyone I know (irl) has it! So, you guys have been great about giving stuff away for free in GW, and you were the first ones I thought of. Most people already have this, but I figure there's got to be someone who hasn't played this great FPS in an MORPG forum. :) If you're interested reply here, and if more than one person responds I'll either choose someone or do a random pick.

Wow, that reminds me, I don't think I ever went back and finished off HL1, kinda got sidetracked by another game. I was almost to the end too.

Finally, a taker! :) Legendary Ace, send me a private message with your email address, and I will send the game key to you. Note, you will have to install Steam in order to download and play the game. Instructions should be sent with the email I send to you.

Starting to Hate Steam

Ok so I brought the orange box from steam:) Then the problems start.

1. The servers are always busy

2. I already ome HL2 ep 1 so go to send it to friend but the gift does not appear on my account. I send angry letter and hay presto servers no longer busy and gift appears.

3. The files are huge. So I think no problems I will download them at work and then simply copy the files onto my home computer. But I can't get it to work:mad: if anybody know a way I can fix this I would be eternally grateful.

Need help must play TF2 soon.

The only problems I've ever had with steam was when updating the dedicated server, the updater always timed out. I had preloaded tf2 and hl2 ep2 before it hit mass market so I didn't notice any issues there :p

ppar3566, you should be able to download the files, right click on the fully downloaded game in steam and select Properties, select the Local Files tab, and click on "Backup game files...". Then copy the directory where you back the files up and put them in the same place on your computer at home. If that doesn't work, I'd ask around on the Steam forum:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums

ppar3566, you should be able to download the files, right click on the fully downloaded game in steam and select Properties, select the Local Files tab, and click on "Backup game files...". Then copy the directory where you back the files up and put them in the same place on your computer at home. If that doesn't work, I'd ask around on the Steam forum:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums

You are a legend! Thank you so much. I took my home computer to work to re-download all the files but alas stupid vista wont support my lan card. Help is on the way though, I am off to the shop now for new harddrive, RAM, LAN card and fingers crossed a new ATI vedio card.

Back