Who has Borderlands?

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
In the interest of promoting co-op (when it is fixed) on Borderlands I thought I'd start a thread asking who has it so you guys can get together easier. TY.

I'd say many. Most of the time on my Steam Friend list, they are playing Borderlands.

After all, they brought the 4-pack. Same with L4D2.

But, no, I don't play.

I was shocked when I watched a demo of the game, he spawned 500,000 guns to prove his point. :eek:

From what I've seen:

Keero
Bassman
Zanthox
Shadetaker
Sacrifice
VK/I<3Cookies/1337
Parabellum
Kiljoy
DannyMeister
Prince Cor (I think he's on CGA?)

I would buy it, but I don't think my computer could handle it. :(
I'd recommend waiting for a demo (or an incredibly good sale) then. That's what I plan to do.

I'd say many. Most of the time on my Steam Friend list, they are playing Borderlands.
I counted last night and found 12 people on my Steam Friends list playing Borderlands at the same time. Crazy stuff.

I haven't gotten it yet, but I think I'm getting it for Christmas. If not once I get a job I might pick it up.

I'm going to continue waiting until there's a decent sale on the Steam version. (The Black Friday weekend sale on Borderlands was disappointing and I refuse to buy the non-Steam version since it has SecuROM attached.)

SecuROM.

It basically prevents you from copying the game. In some instances it isn't removed from the computer once the game it comes with is uninstalled.

SecuROM.

It basically prevents you from copying the game. In some instances it isn't removed from the computer once the game it comes with is uninstalled.
And the only people that SecuROM punishes is legitimate users. Pirates strip out the SecuROM and then distribute the game via BitTorrent tracker.

What's especially frustrating about the pirated version of Borderlands is that all multiplayer gameplay is in tact, which means that people who paid money for the game can end up playing with people who illegally downloaded the game. Granted, that's only if players stick to public games and based on what I've heard from ToJ members, most people stick to play with friends.

There are ways that legit users can get rid of secuROM...and I don't give a rat's butt if it breaks the EULA I don't want it on my PC.

One can't help but wonder if secuROM made the hacking problem worse.

[toj.cc]phantom;362529 said:
There are ways that legit users can get rid of secuROM...and I don't give a rat's butt if it breaks the EULA I don't want it on my PC.

Uh oh. I see a heated debate on computer moral's coming. I'm with phantom on this.
If you guys want to start a debate on SecuROM, please start a new thread for it.

There isnt much to debate as to whether secuROM is bad or not... and thread so hasn't been hijacked yet. =P

SecuROM is relevant to this thread because it impacts where you will buy it and shyfroggy asked about it.

On that note, I still want it and will definitely get it from steam... when it goes on sale. :D

Back