Who gets stuck with the newb?

Jethiel

Hey all, I have poked my head in here waaaaaaay too seldom; most of you have no clue who I am. My tag in the forums is EhUd (which I am sure is taken within WoW on Terenas) but was and am known in other games as Chickenmilker. My first contact with this group was in a Counterstrike clan called TRiBForCe and I am wanting to reconnect with the moldy oldies that are still hanging around from those days. One of the massive benefits is getting to know some other amazing people that have joined the ranks and now comprise The Forgiven.

A Chicken Intro:

I am currently 33 years old, married for almost 11 - have three beautiful kids and reside in Lethbridge, Alberta. My present job title is building contractor for a company that does RTM's (ready to move homes). I am almost completely oblivious to WoW - except for a 10 day trial that I was on with Allanon about 2 years ago - so please treat me with newb gloves. Beyond just learning mechanics of the game I will never be 'the guy' to ask for stats, strats, or logistical analysis of WoW (or any other game for that matter) but I hopefully make up for it in my personality. I play very well with others as I usually lighten any situation with some sort of offhand comical intrusion but on the other end don't shy away from deep and personal discussions.

I will not promise to be around WoW for beyond my new found 30 day interest; but I thought I would like to 'give it another go'. I am really hoping that I grow into the game because I miss my friends from E-town and the many times we have shared together. Here's to hoping we share in many more enjoyable seasons!

I will post my new character's name when I make one...or I may just carry on from my 'free trial' days. I think we actually made it to around 14 or so...I'll find out when I activate on Friday! And, yes, I will join the team speak server as well!

ciao!

CM a.k.a. Joe

p.s. - I really hope my spelling and grammar are somewhat consistent...I am exhausted and falling asleep as this finishes up :)

Good ole Counterstrike, [ACan-Viglundr] here :) hehe, i do recall your name, i'm sure you'll have fun in wow :)

ACan Viglundr? hmmm, for some reason I thought you used to be -=xVB=-?

Anywho, great to see you here Vig!

Woots, I'm excited to see you back :) Now we can keep up in more than just Facebook and Christmas cards :D

Hey everyone,

You can find me under the name Jethiel - level 1 mage

I am in the game as of 9:25 MST friday night!

And I have also been trying to connect to the TS2 server (which I have done from time to time) and even checked in Adam's little tutorial thing. Doing it just as I should but the lady's voice goes "error" and doesn't let me join.

anyone?

You are using the TS info I send via FB? You are selecting anonymous (not registered)? It is important to make sure you are copying and pasting the ip address I sent as this TS uses a non standard TS port so those numbers behind the : are important. Sorry I missed you. I have logged for the night by this point :(

Has it changed since you were letting me use it as Chickenmilker? I have been trying to log in as anonymous, and haven't changed a thing since I had it running fine for the last year...hmmm. I'll check the FB message again

Also wanted to let everyone know that I cannot send whispers, chat, etc for now until I am on your friends list. Not sure how long it takes to have full communications but until then just search for me under my name.

My account has just received a 'full upgrade confirmation'. perfect! If anyone is playing lowbie level 10ish humans just send me a message!

*Allanon - It matters how fast this 'toss' is...I don't want to end up getting surprised :)

*landerx -

"What shall we call you?"

"Some call me... 'Tim'..."

"Oh, Tim the Enchanter..."

And my rear definitely needs healing...thanks Alan! I'll be watching the hockey game tonight but then I will make sure I get on afterwards barring any unforseen obstacles. And it won't be so much about 'whatever you feel like doing'; it will be more like "hey, Alan, what's fun to do at this level and in this game?"

Personally, I enjoy just running dungeons, but i've also done looooooooooooots of questing, so I'm probably bored of it. The quests are fun if you've never done them - Warcraft has a rich foundation of lore that the quests really help bring to life.

Back