Which healer addon ?

Auggy

My Druid is growing up and I want to try healing....Eventually raid healing. So if some ..or one of you healers would toss me a bone or two I'd appreciate it. Which addon would you recommend for this noob? Healbot ? Grid ? Other ? And if you know of a link to help set one of them up that would be nice.

Thanks

Hi Auggy =]

I personally use Pitbull for unit frames, grid for raid frames and clique for my healing spells to be bound to my mouse. It's all about preference, for example Ashley uses a minimal amount of addons for healing and she does awesome. I personally love having my healing spells bound to my mouse because it gives me more mobility on moving fights.

Hi Auggy =]

I personally use Pitbull for unit frames, grid for raid frames and clique for my healing spells to be bound to my mouse. It's all about preference, for example Ashley uses a minimal amount of addons for healing and she does awesome. I personally love having my healing spells bound to my mouse because it gives me more mobility on moving fights.

i downloaded pitbull, and grid when i was trying to learn some healing on my priest. the changes for me were so drastic to my interface i gave up, and setting them up was ridiculous and made no sense to me. im just not geeky enough.

is there any links to help set up addons such as these anyone know?

I just use Grid. Clique is unnerving to me since I usually press keyboard buttons rather than mouse buttons.

i downloaded pitbull, and grid when i was trying to learn some healing on my priest. the changes for me were so drastic to my interface i gave up, and setting them up was ridiculous and made no sense to me. im just not geeky enough.

is there any links to help set up addons such as these anyone know?
Yeah jumping right into Pitbull can be overwhelming lol.

I'd recommend Healbot or Grid/Clique.

Same here, just Grid. Having said that, there are lots of sub-addons that are very useful and Grid requires some tailoring (10-15 min of work) to have it optimized:

1) Assign hots to the various corners, so you can tell what's ticking on who. There are addons that give you the abiltty to assign different colors by LB intensity, for instance.
2) Make sure it's set to give you some sort of visual indicator for out-of-range.
3) Change the debuffs to only show ones that you can get rid of, and/or move away from the default "center icon" approach which can be very annoyign when you can't see how much health someone has because they're diseased or something.
4) Preference as to whether you have it set to show pets or not.
5) Get the manabars addon so you can tell who might need an innervate pop

And so on. Back in the BC days I had it ultra-optimized ... now, less so, partly because there are so many spells that I mostly just worry about who's got aggro and who's got a hot ticking on them and partly because I don't raid and thus don't need it.

Like Azami ... I use the mouse for selecting targets and the keyboard for awsd movement and spells assigned to numbers. I just can't get muscle memory to work to make something like clique effective.

Oh ... it's also useful to have some sort of cast bar addon. I've honestly lost track of what info is stock and what info I get from quartz and what I get from other unitframes stuff ... but for longer-length and longer-cooldown spells it's good to have that info presented in a useful way. And then just make sure that you stack your grid relatively close to that info on your UI layout.

I have used all of them, and the best one in my opinion if you want a all in one system is
Vudo. It is basically healbot, with its built in grid / clique. The big advantages are that you have your own window for all the tanks apart from the raid, so you always know whats going on with them.

Its very easy and very customizable to your needs, and takes a very short time to load it and get it ready. The biggest perk to Vudo is when your in a raid, and lets say you are on Lord Marrowgar, when he does bone spikes on peeps, a little picture will pop out of those peoples unit frame and stay there , so you will always know who has them,, it does that for every boss.. and their main abilities against the raid..

like i said before, i have used all the other ones, and this again in my opinion is the easiest, and most helpful healing mod out there..

I'd use healbot.

I know when i got Pitbull I had to have Xaveor help me figure it out how i wanted it...but now it looks sweet and is really simple for healing on my lowbeee priest.

I liked Healbot until I tried Vuhdo. Now healing is restricted to my gaming abilities... it is easy to click on a special unit frame for any player and which mouse button you use determines the type of heal I want to throw on that person.

boooooo no healer addons boooo!!!

as u can tell from above i never use healer addons and never will use healer addons cause healing is to easy atm or ICC has just dulled my sense of healing

I myself use grid/clique. I can't see not using add-ons...I mean why have to work when you can use an add-on and heals with one finger... =)~

boooooo no healer addons boooo!!!

as u can tell from above i never use healer addons and never will use healer addons cause healing is to easy atm or ICC has just dulled my sense of healing

I don't think it's easy. That's the whole reason I don't use addons. I like the chellenge lol....then again i didn't roll a druid ;)

Grid/clique for me, then I use a debuff mod that is super easy, it flashes with an r or and l, I click my right or left mouse button accordingly, and it casts the appropriate spell to fix the debuff. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of that one.

As others have said, give yourself a few minutes to setup grid the way you like it, when combined with clique its simply amazing. I'm not trying to brag or sound arrogant, but I think I'm a pretty good healer and I'm certain those three mods are crucial to my success healing..

Oh, and just remember, healing is like being the pump operator at a fire. You will work probably twice as hard as everyone else, your presence is crucial, but no one will notice unless you mess up lol!

Back