Which CS:S map versions are you using?

Corpfox

As soon as it changed to de_inferno, it said that my de_inferno differs than GFC CS:S servers de_inferno.

I did not know there were different versions of de_inferno.

When I d/l'ed the map, and played it on the server, its the exact replica on cs 1.6, which wasn't the one I've played before.

So, are you using the exact replica maps of cs 1.6 to cs:s?
Or, are you using the super enhanced cs:s maps ?

The difference between them is that:

cs 1.6 to cs:s: From cs 1.6 map converted to cs:s map. Few destuctable objects.

super enhanced cs:s: They are the ones with extra stuff. Example: when steam introduced de_inferno, at the T side, there was bells, a fountain and plants around. Alot of destuctable objects.

De_inferno I downloaded before it came out as a custom map, I'm deleting De_inferno on the server. Aparently, they have not included the map and resources in the linux srcds install and auto update system. I deleted the map and restarted the srcds css server with the linux sudo command and it verified resources and did not download de_inferno or anything for that matter. de_inferno is coming out of the rotation of maps.

Last edited:
if you still ahve hte error go delete the de_inferno map that will fix it

You must understand, Hescominsoon.

de_inferno converted from cs 1.6
Terrorist Spawn

de_inferno came from steam.
Terrorist Spawn

My point is, there's the exact replica of the map from cs 1.6 and the cs:s map from steam.

Its confusing when they use the same map name, de_inferno.bsp, it can not overwrite the same map name, even though its completely different gameplay wise.

Yes, I can delete the map file and get the server to download it, but some servers dont have the same map file as do others. So its frustrating to keep deleting de_inferno.bsp when there are different versions of it.

Also, other maps are affected as well, so it may be hard to find the exact map that works for all or most cs:s servers.

Last edited:
Back