Where (or who) is everyone?

RyanB

Legacy of Elijah Guild Leader
Seems to me that we have 4 people active on this forum, with a lot more folks on my CGA list. I'm not saying everyone has to be an active forumite, but I'll just put it this way: I don't know these people. Because I don't know them, I feel weird messaging them or inviting them in game...EVEN if I see them actively playing a game I have and want to play.

So, I'm asking we do a few things. #1 is...maybe brainstorm how to get some folks to stop into the forum every now and then?

#2 is - I (we?) need to start actively talking to folks who are strangers to me. I'm going to start doing that by sending them PMs via CGA, especially the ones newer to PSN. I suspect I have a lot of wonderful people on my Friends list that I just haven't met yet, and am missing out on.

College + reviewing PC games has kept me away for the last month and a half or so. :/ That, and any time I boot up my PS3/log into Steam, I have so many choices that I don't pick any of them. I power off/log out and go study. xD

After finals (the 17th), I'll get back into finishing my RPG backlog (Resonance of Fate first, then some FF13, Eternal Sonata, etc.)

As for getting talkers, I messaged all of them awhile back to get them on the forums, not many showed up, however. :p

Possibly a weekly newsletter type deal? Detail what rotation of games we'll be playing this week, around what time, and also more hanging out in Home too. :D

Can relate to too many choices. Curse you PS3 and your huge catalogue of reasonably-priced games! :: shakes fist ::

I'll try to talk to them as well, maybe I'll get lucky.

I love the idea of a newsletter deal, especially if we just get people to agree to play some games together. I have about 4-5 CGAers on my buddy list with Castle Crashers, and haven't played with any of you even once. And you all should have gotten Sacred 2 by now. You and Kenny have no business calling yourselves loot collectors until you pick that up.

Love the frenzy sig. Only thing it's missing is a five iron.

Love the frenzy sig. Only thing it's missing is a five iron.
<3

I play some with peeps I don't see on the PS3 forums often. I don't do this particularly frequently (spending most of my time in solo games has that effect), but it happens.

Another thing that might be of interest is something I didn't try until Tek made me. PSN has built in chat room functionality. As far as I know, you can only do text chat while in-game, but we could have an open chat room for ToJ members and just encourage people to sign in to it when signed into PSN.

Just cuz I'm logged in doesn't mean I'd respond to every message sent (that'd kinda kill my ability to game, after all), but I'd pause to respond to interesting discussions or whatever. If others did the same, that could be a cool thing.

Just an idea for the list. ;)

Hey All its me! MArio... nowait

ive been away because of College but now im back for winter break!. im an avid (but doents mean im great) Team Fortress 2 Player! If anyone ever wants to ply just Add me on Steam Dark_Bot, and IM me. it will be awesome! supahfun times.

I also have a PS3 with many games with witch to play!
PSN: Legend20x

hit me up on there id love to do some clubhouse stuff, home, games or anything else you fancy. MArvel Vs Capcom 2? ill fight you! lets get this gaming on!

Darkbot, I noticed you have a R&C avatar (or at least I remember you having one).

Any interest in R&C: All 4 One when it comes out? Anyone else have interest there?

THe only Ratchet and Clank i have played is THe Newest one. A crack in time. one of my all time fav games. as for All 4 One. im not sure im gonna get it. we will see.

And Kendrick when do you wanna fight? did you add me on PSN? i just got back to Washington from college in florida and havent checked my PSN yet. Lets FIGHT!

And Kendrick when do you wanna fight? did you add me on PSN? i just got back to Washington from college in florida and havent checked my PSN yet. Lets FIGHT!
Are you another me? I live in Washington... but was in Florida for school not long ago. o_O

If I haven't sent you a friend request, I'll get on it. Pretty sure I have, though.

As a rule, I'm available up 'til about 3-4PM... then again after 10PM. All times PST. Living at home... with my PS3 attached to the living room TV... makes evening usage a little more difficult.

Edit: Guess I didn't send you a friend request before. Well... sent you one now. :)

Last edited:
Are you another me? I live in Washington... but was in Florida for school not long ago. o_O

If I haven't sent you a friend request, I'll get on it. Pretty sure I have, though.

As a rule, I'm available up 'til about 3-4PM... then again after 10PM. All times PST. Living at home... with my PS3 attached to the living room TV... makes evening usage a little more difficult.

Edit: Guess I didn't send you a friend request before. Well... sent you one now. :)

Of course he's another you, hence the screen name. He's your dark doppleganger.

As for PS3 -> TV...why not attach it to a monitor with a VGA or something? Or why don't you just sign in and pwn stuff in GW with me?

Funny thing about that... and a surprisingly apt explanation for why I do so little PC gaming...

My only Windows machine uses the living room TV (it's an HDTV, see) as a monitor.

So... can't use my PS3 with a hypothetical computer monitor since... I don't have one.

At some point, I'ma buy a 20"ish monitor for gaming. Of course, that requires more funds than I have at the moment.

/how it goes

CRT. You should be able to find one locally for about $20 (or free) on Craigslist. Just takes up some more desk space is all. So what?

A few quick ideas:

It may help for those with available time to register accounts on other Playstation-related forums, include a link to the PS3 Chapter Forum in their signatures, and make occasional posts when they have something relevant to add to the conversation.

Posting to the PSN exchange thread on ChristianForums.com may help us attract more chapter members.

A quarterly "pulse check" thread might be helpful in determining who still plays and who's disappeared from the face of the interwebs. The thread wouldn't call for more than a, "I'm here, I'm still playing, and I've been playing game X lately" response.

Scheduling a regular game night and a "lobby time" in Home 15-30 minutes prior to the start of the game night could help build regular activity. The trouble with that is, Thursday is the only night (aside from Sunday, which is right out) that doesn't conflict with another ToJ game night. (Monday: Unreal Tournament 3, Tuesday: Team Fortress 2, Wednesday: Left 4 Dead 2, Friday: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Saturday: Strategy games, of which StarCraft II is the most popular.)

Or, if all else fails, bribe people. Have some sort of "post once to this thread to enter to win an inexpensive prize" thread, invite members and other Christian gamers with a PS3 to post a reply, wait 7 days, use a random number generator to match the post number, then give the person who made that post a free PSN game (say, Critter Crunch?). The expense would be $10 or less and would definitely answer the, "What's in it for me?" question that is at the root of human nature (for better or worse) with a clear response. We'd need to have members donate the money for the game, but if two members donate $5 each, we're good to go.

Back