Where is everyone?

The Republic side of ToJ is getting a bit more active. We've had three or four join up in the last few days. It's a different storyline compared to the Empire side. Come check us out if you're bored. I've seen a few comments in guild chat that people are liking the Republic side better.

*Edit: Unscientific survey had 3 people online with CfD and 8 with CttL Saturday afternoon (not trying to recruit... just offering an alternative to going to a non-ToJ guild)

I was checking out SOTOR, but I also have issues with KJV only. Plus, it's a PvP server and I had enough trouble getting ganked on Warriors of the Shadow by bored high 40's and 50-level players of the opposing faction. That's part of the reason I left Aion.

I know some people really love PvP, though, so SOTOR is probably worth checking out if you're ok with agreeing with KVJ only. They seem to be very active on their server which makes the game more fun.

Last edited:
A significant part of my testimony regards the transformative power of Christ in a believer's life. Before I became a follower of Christ 11 years ago, I was a proud gay man (a sodomite). Christ transformed everything I believed about my self. I am no longer gay through his power and the support of the church I attend (and am on the staff of). I suspect my application was either rejected or misplaced because of my testimony in this area. The language Article V, Section B suggests to me a type of Christian mindset I'm not sure I want to spend a lot of time with.

Section B just states a belief in the Trinity. That's pretty much a given for a Christian. As for A, I don't think it means you have to be a KJ Only person, just that you believe it is inspired. Personally, I use the new ISV (check out ISV.org).

Section B just states a belief in the Trinity. That's pretty much a given for a Christian. As for A, I don't think it means you have to be a KJ Only person, just that you believe it is inspired. Personally, I use the new ISV (check out ISV.org).
That's Section B of Article II... they're referring to Section B of Article 5.

And there's the rub. I don't believe the KJV is inspired. Translations are not inspired, the authors of the original autographa (manuscripts) were inspired by the Holy Spirit. The job of the translator or translations team is to be as faithful to the original autographa as possible within the limitations of translating from one language and culture to another. The Holy Spirit protects the Scripture and thus we have very accurate translations and manuscripts today.

/Didn't mean to get overly theological in this thread but this is a pet peeve of mine.

Oh, we are talking about Sotor???

I applied with them awhile back, took them almost 3 weeks to get back to me, and when they did, they had a TON of questions about my answers to their questions, and I was really rubbed the wrong way.

Just saying... (I also know others who had a similar experience)

SOTOR has kind of been a recurring subject of discussion here on the forums. Essentially I'm with all of you who have been rubbed the wrong way by their policies. Suffice to say that I have no interest in going over there, so it'd be nice if we can keep enough activity in ToJ to provide an alternative.

I'm just going to say, this being a toj forum and all, making post encouraging others to jump ship and head over to sotor seems to be in bad taste, especially if the guild is already low on people. If you want to ask people to switch guilds you should do it in private. Just a hunch, but I don't think the sotor people would like it if some one made a thread on their forums encouraging people to move over to toj.

On the topic of where everybody is, I just haven't been subscribed for a while because money is tight and I don't really want to pay 15 dollars a month for any game at this point in time. I'll probably come back to play some more when there's more money at my disposal, 1.2 looks intriguing.

Last edited:
http://sotor.guildlaunch.com/

Looks like they have every raid on farm status. Nice! (and sad that it is possible already)

I am in the guild. I applied a long time ago but never actually created a character until now. Just a note, it took me a week before I was accepted, and someone else was actually denied from our guild for some strange reason.

If you do join Sotor my name is Dinah there. Just search for "Saints", I believe that will give you the people in the guild.

All of SWTOR has shrunk a little bit. My server (Sword of Ajunta Pall) is no stranger to a shrinking population.

I skim these forums every now and then and tonight just got to this one... It's just my two cents, but I'm not sure I would be okay with being a part of ToJ and joining another Christian guild who denies some ToJ members access to their guild while allowing others to join it. I really find it really intriguing that they deny some ToJers membership when CGA is in their "Notable Links" list.

I'm just going to say, this being a toj forum and all, making post encouraging others to jump ship and head over to sotor seems to be in bad taste, especially if the guild is already low on people. If you want to ask people to switch guilds you should do it in private. Just a hunch, but I don't think the sotor people would like it if some one made a thread on their forums encouraging people to move over to toj.

On the topic of where everybody is, I just haven't been subscribed for a while because money is tight and I don't really want to pay 15 dollars a month for any game at this point in time. I'll probably come back to play some more when there's more money at my disposal, 1.2 looks intriguing.

I've been there and may be back there sometime soon (subscription is running out soon, hoping to have some money to keep me going). I quit WoW years ago for that reason. I feel for ya.

I have to side with Sarugon on this.

Recruiting (whether directly or indirectly) for another guild on a guild's forums is widely considered bad manner. I've moved threads out of ToJ forums for similar behavior in the past. I don't believe there was any ill will on the part of those promoting SOTOR in this thread and I don't take offense, but let's please stop advertising non-ToJ guilds on ToJ forums.

I'm not saying that users can't mention other guilds, but I trust we're all reasonable people who can discern the difference between mentioning and advertising. I also trust that we can all recognize the importance of and purpose behind online etiquette.

If anyone wants to advertise a non-ToJ guild, please use the CGA General Discussion Forum to do so. One of the purposes of the Christian Gamers Alliance is to promote and advertise Christian guilds and gaming groups! Also, please post your guild information to be added to the CGA's List of Christian MMO Guilds.

Please hear my heart in this; I do not wish to give offense. We wholeheartedly want to see other Christian gaming groups and guilds succeed and grow, but there's a time and a place to advertise and recruit for a guild. Context matters! :)

And there's the rub. I don't believe the KJV is inspired. Translations are not inspired, the authors of the original autographa (manuscripts) were inspired by the Holy Spirit. The job of the translator or translations team is to be as faithful to the original autographa as possible within the limitations of translating from one language and culture to another. The Holy Spirit protects the Scripture and thus we have very accurate translations and manuscripts today.

/Didn't mean to get overly theological in this thread but this is a pet peeve of mine.

Amen!! I agree with you 100% Kahiel, very different between inspired manuscripts and translation that is very well translated.

I unsubed as well but I think I made that known, I had some issues with the game and I am happy to wait for the GW2 game as its looking amazing in my opinion.

sorry didnt have time to read the entire thread, but i think we should add a few more officers. i know that when im on i normally only see 1-3 guildies on at a time. i think that may help in the long run.

sorry didnt have time to read the entire thread, but i think we should add a few more officers. i know that when im on i normally only see 1-3 guildies on at a time. i think that may help in the long run.

I could certainly give out the lieutenant rank to some more people. That would more recruiters to be available.

Well another problem is that when I logged in last night to finish the Sith Warrior story line, Warriors of the Shadow had a low population while the other servers were at Standard and Heavy. I really hope they institute server migration sooner than later. I would be willing to dump characters on another server to to move my main if it came to that.

Also, my subscription ran out last night so I won't be around for a while until I can scrape together enough to buy a few more months.

I finally decided to leave SWTOR for awhile at least.

I think 1.2 is a step in the right direction, but after 14 years of MMO's, I am sorta looking for something that raises the bar again. I think SWTOR is a GOOD game, especially for ppl new to the genre and not in a rush toward endgame. I think they would find a very enjoyable experience.

I just don't feel like leveling another character yet again from scratch with an uncertain pixelated future. I think it's time for me to stop buying each new MMO when they debut and let them earn a track record and see where development is headed after release before I invest the time.

I may be back after 6 months or a year, if something really fantastic happens with SWTOR's development. I see BioWare as becoming the next Blizzard, if they can retain players and keep that money flowing.

I will miss seeing you guys in game.

A significant part of my testimony regards the transformative power of Christ in a believer's life. Before I became a follower of Christ 11 years ago, I was a proud gay man (a sodomite). Christ transformed everything I believed about my self. I am no longer gay through his power and the support of the church I attend (and am on the staff of). I suspect my application was either rejected or misplaced because of my testimony in this area. The language Article V, Section B suggests to me a type of Christian mindset I'm not sure I want to spend a lot of time with.

Wow Amazing testimony there Herodsson..

I have been talking to some of my friends on this subject of hating the sin not the person. Thanks for sharing that it matches up with the position I was trying to convey to my friends.

Back