Whats the ultimate Purpose of a Christian?

Jeshurun

This morning while reading the word of God this question came "whats the purpose of a christian?" and in my heart I began to ponder it.

My first response to it was "to serve God" and yet it was more than that.

I would have to say following statement is my purpose.
To serve those around me as unto God but to set before those a choice who live in darkness, who are spiritually dead a choice, the way of life or the way of death.

To give them these choices-
The way of life is Jesus Christ.
The way of death is there way and that is ultimately the rejection of Jesus Christ.

To have free will is the right to be able to choose.
So should they not choose either one they actually have made a choice whether they think so or not.

My purpose is to set before them a choice and then its up to them to make the decision of whom they choose to serve.

Any thoughts on this topic anyone?:)

Last edited:
Ultimate purpose of a Christian? Hmmmm. I have two things that come to mind

1. Worship God
2. Preach His word to the nations.

Gen

I think this could be a really interesting 'spritiual journey' personaly type of thread.....in short i think there is 'the answer everybody will say' and then I think there will be some more directed at what the indivdiual hopes to achieve - like Jesh is saying.....

What's my ultimate purpose as a Christian? Of course to worship God and preah His word......but personally for me, beyond what should already be happening:

My ultimate purpose as a Christian is to live a life so that when others look at me they have a living example instead of an example saying one thing and doing something else...does that make sense...

My ultimate purpose as a Christian is to live out God's will in my life...no matter how incredibly difficult that seems at times....

My ultimate purpose as a Christian is to continue speaking with those I work with who are missing that special 'heart and soul connection' with the Lord....

My ultimate purpose as a Christian is to live the life that He wants me to be living....

To experience Christ in His sufferings..So that His Life might also be made manifest in my body! :D

Romans 8:17
Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

I want to see Jesus!
High and lifted up!
Shining is the Light of His Glory!

So I sing Holy, Holy, Holy!
Holy, Holy, Holy..

I want to see you!

Back