What have the Ops been up to? (server news)

I was able to play w18a for about 15 seconds, and I was near spawn. I suspect the chests that were emptied were related to my presence, though I'm not sure how the Castle at Spawn's chests were emptied while the Market was not.

I went and restored the chests that I found from yesterday (the rest of mine, OCS's house, Floyd's house, Rexul's sheep pen, the Counting Game, and the Celebration Chests. For anyone interested, this involved copying the Region file (r.0.-1.mca) to my computer, editing an old backup I happened to have (April 29), copying all the chests from certain chunks, pasting those into the affected chunks in the current world file, then re-uploading the file to the server.)

I am updating to 14w18b right now. Hopefully everything is running smoothly now! :D

Fixed that for you.

Fixed that for you.

Oh no, my parenthesis fell off! Thank you for finding it! I put it back in its place with a little more glue. I'm surprised the smiley face is still smiling... it probably hit him/her as it fell.

Edit: Turns out it still wouldn't stick, so I tagged it and released it back into the wild with its mate, after reformatting the sentences a little.

Last edited:
The link to the map is blocked for me. The reason is classified as Alcohol. Hmmmmmm.

Haha. That IP address is one of the HostMonster servers. There are probably hundreds of webpages hosted there. Your blacklist needs to block by a path instead of just an IP. It was my own web page which never mentioned alcohol, so it's safe. :) It has nothing but a map there now.

Last edited:
Haha. That IP address is one of the HostMonster servers. There are probably hundreds of webpages hosted there. Your blacklist needs to block by a path instead of just an IP. It was my own web page which never mentioned alcohol, so it's safe. :) It has nothing but a map there now.

School has a pretty strict blocker. I'll check it when I get home. :)

COOL!!!!

now, where is my area????

Any one know a way to DL/view the large map?

Last edited:
The server's IP has changed. You can use 198.52.173.241 to connect. The mc.toj.cc URL will get updated with the new IP address shortly.

Hm, the IP isn't working for me. Guess I have to way for the IP to populate.

NM, I refreshed and the client saw the server. Nothing to see here, move along.

Last edited:
I will upgrade the server to the latest snapshot when the update (b) comes out tomorrow morning (or so Dinnerbone claims). Bring on the new mob!

I will upgrade the server to the latest snapshot when the update (b) comes out tomorrow morning (or so Dinnerbone claims). Bring on the new mob!

This should be fun. If anyone wants to sell the new blocks in the market, I will pay big money. Just saying.

Back in my day, we once got up to 18 sub-releases. But most of the young whippersnappers around here wouldn't remember that.

*sigh* Those were the days.

I was just thinking about the weekly snapshot revisions, getting to a "d" version.

Back