What have the Ops been up to? (server news)

Josh2415

Tribe of Judah Minecraft Server Operator
This is where we will post any significant changes to the server. Today, I have this news for you:
  • The server has been updated to 1.6.4 (development version - may have bugs).
  • The Creative world now has a warp to and from it. The warp is located in the basement of Caladan's church next to the other warps. It will only work for approved people. If you'd like access, send us a message (/mail in the game, or on here) and we will consider it.
  • Entering the Arena in Creative will switch you to Adventure mode, where you can't break blocks. It's how an arena should be, right? Equip what armor/weapons you want before you go in! There is a button by the entrance to switch you back to Creative when you are done.
  • Chat is fixed. Sorry about that. First it was the wrong plug-in, then it looked right but was in German... I got the right version back in there now.

Cool! I believe in 1.6.4, you need to go find all of the witch huts, nether fortresses, and villages you have found before to make sure they are still what they should be in 1.7. Or else you may find witches in your house, and you don't want that. (Hmmmm... that's an idea.)

Cool! I believe in 1.6.4, you need to go find all of the witch huts, nether fortresses, and villages you have found before to make sure they are still what they should be in 1.7. Or else you may find witches in your house, and you don't want that. (Hmmmm... that's an idea.)

Hehehe.... witches... leads... new guests at TDW's house...

I picture running ahead of the witch, dragging her along, hunched over as I get pelted with potions. :D

We are having problems connecting with the server this morning. I suspect it's an Internet connection issue at the server's end. So it may suddenly clear up or it may persist for a while. I notified bl; sorry everyone. I'll keep you updated.

Edit: It was kinda entertaining to see a squid flying through the air as I was doing the log-in free-fall.

Edit2: And, of course, 15 minutes after posting this, it is running fine again. Here's hoping it lasts. :D

Last edited:
New feature in Dynmap! While zoomed in, you can see where claims are and who owns them. This is off by default, but to turn it on you just click the layers button (between the + - buttons and the Location coordinates display) and put a check next to Grief Prevention. Remember, if you want to check while you are in the game, just right-click on a block while holding a stick, and the game will tell you who owns that area and show the boundaries if it is claimed).

New command for you guys to use! /cleanout
This is for cleaning out your inventory after mining. It sells your cobblestone, dirt, gravel, and bones, and also clears out your rotten flesh.
Note: It gives an error for each item you don't have, but you can ignore those. If you have them all, the result looks nice. Either way, it works.
If you want to save anything on that list, you can throw it on the ground, run /cleanout, then pick it back up. Or you can just type "/sell <item>" the old-fashioned way.

Bl has added a blacksmith in Ocelotropolis that will use your money to repair items, even enchanted ones. It's a great deal.

We are eagerly waiting for Bukkit to release 1.7.2 so we can upgrade the server. I certainly hope it is within the month. Therefore, when the server is upgraded, the Frontier will be regenerated an extra time to immediately take advantage of the new biomes and resources.

After TDWfan, Nicholas1024, and Lost_Shepherd's victory a week or two ago, the End has now been reset so there is another dragon for slaying! Test your mettle and metal (and your aerodynamics when you are hurled through space*)!

I will delete the End every once in a while so other people can have the fun. Note that any buildings in the End will therefore be lost as well, so you may want to consider other options for your new mansion/castle/pit-of-paradise*.

* Yeah, thinking of you TDW.

After TDWfan, Nicholas1024, and Lost_Shepherd's victory a week or two ago, the End has now been reset so there is another dragon for slaying! Test your mettle and metal (and your aerodynamics when you are hurled through space*)!

I will delete the End every once in a while so other people can have the fun. Note that any buildings in the End will therefore be lost as well, so you may want to consider other options for your new mansion/castle/pit-of-paradise*.

* Yeah, thinking of you TDW.

Happy Valentine's day.

14w10c is out, but I don't have time to test it this morning. I will update the server early this afternoon, I think. I had updated to 14w10b yesterady, but it set everyone to spawn and erased all your inventory (because in the transition to UUIDs from names, it seemed to forget to copy all the existing data to the new reference). So back to 14w08b we went. I want to make sure those bugs are fixed and no other fun surprises await.

Edit: Server is updated to the snapshot now! Looks like things are okay. Let me know if you find any bugs!

Last edited:
Server updated to 14w11b.

A couple of the new Endermite mobs are on display at spawn.

I was able to log on yesterday couldn't log on today possibility the white list file didn't get copied over?

I was able to log on yesterday couldn't log on today possibility the white list file didn't get copied over?

Looks like this bug is related to a few bug reports about dashes in UUIDs in the whitelist file. They either weren't there and are now put in, or vice versa. And what does the server do when it changes? Erases everything it doesn't like, of course!

I'm not about to go add all those dashes back in to everyone's UUID. Instead, I have to rebuild the whitelist by adding every player (/whitelist add <player) again. I can't do it all this second, but I should be done in the next half hour or so.

Edit: Done. Let me know if you still can't get on. Since it looks up the UUIDs when it adds to the whitelist, it would tell me if the user didn't exist, so everyone's name should be right.

Last edited:
14w18a has a rendering bug that causes clients to consistently crash. As such, I set the server back to 14w17a. Unknown how long the fix will take, as they put out this snapshot early because they were going to be out of the office.

14w18a has a rendering bug that causes clients to consistently crash. As such, I set the server back to 14w17a. Unknown how long the fix will take, as they put out this snapshot early because they were going to be out of the office.

So you're saying I can't make my slimeblock redstone magic? D:

Josh2415
Not only does 14w18a often crash but it might erase items from chests, as this might explain why today I looked at some chest around spawn and some whole chest inventories are cleared out.

Golem/Pigmen Grinder chests reset, Counting Item Game chests empty, 15th Anniversary Chests =/, Some of LostShepard's basement, OCS/Nick House. And in the shopping market only a few were hit by this, OCS cake shop, Wood and Carpet shop, Chests for nick's cave/hall of doom.

Don't think anyone else has noticed/said they were affected yet, but it won't hurt when I go to check around at other spots on the map, this bug might be effecting the chunks and/or something like a world edit region.

Hmm, that sucks. I wonder if its been too long to roll back? I wonder what people will be more upset about?

And I didn't see anything missing from my chests, so I wonder if it was just confined to the spawn area?

I was able to play w18a for about 15 seconds, and I was near spawn. I suspect the chests that were emptied were related to my presence, though I'm not sure how the Castle at Spawn's chests were emptied while the Market was not.

I went and restored the chests that I found from yesterday (the rest of mine, OCS's house, Floyd's house, Rexul's sheep pen, the Counting Game, and the Celebration Chests). For anyone interested (aka, Google searches finding this forum), this involved copying the Region file (r.0.-1.mca) to my computer, editing an old backup I happened to have (April 29), copying all the chests from certain chunks, pasting those into the affected chunks in the current world file, then re-uploading the file to the server.

I am updating to 14w18b right now. Hopefully everything is running smoothly now! :D

Last edited:
Back