What do you drink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well... if its deadly and causes injury then by definition it is poision... Find me a definition where alcohol doesnt fit

So...by your definition water is a poison?

It is deadly and causes injury, thousands of people die from it every year.

Why don't you try looking alcohol up in the dictionary? I looked through several and have yet to find POISON listed in the definitions.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]well alot of Christians think Drinking is fine.... Im not one of them and i just want to see how the majority drinks alcohol...

Huh...?

Funny for me, I dont drink alcoloh, I dont smoke, I dont do drugs, and I'm not even a Christian.  
laugh.gif

But I do like Coolers, those taste great, especially with orange juice.

Alcoloh goes straight to the brain, doesn't it? Kinda making you dumb(slugish) as you drink...
rock.gif

If you would actually pay attention to what people say instead of bleating the same thing over and over you would realise that each persons opinion on what to do with alcohol is exactly that, an opinion. If they are christian it is up to them and god what they do.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Oct. 27 2004,2:08)]By my definition?! I got my definition from a dictionary!
Which dictionary was it? Can you post the whole definition verbatim?

Here is a great article by the way...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The “good news” about alcohol in recent years is the finding that one or two drinks per day can reduce coronary heart disease, lower the risk of stroke, and increase blood levels of “good” cholesterol (HDL), according to Dale A. Parks, Ph.D., professor in the Departments of Anesthesiology, Physiology and Biophysics, and Pediatrics.

“For quite a while, we’ve recognized that drinking alcohol can have negative effects, such as liver injury, lung dysfunction, cardiomyopathies, hypertension, and increased risk of stroke,” Parks says. “But over the last several years, we’ve begun to realize that low-to-moderate consumption—one or two drinks a day—may, paradoxically, offer considerable cardiovascular benefits.”

Early suggestions of this cardioprotective effect, Parks says, were found in the results of epidemiological studies showing that the French, who generally consume high-fat diets, nonetheless have lower rates of coronary heart disease than people in other industrialized countries, including the United States. This finding—dubbed the “French Paradox”—has been attributed to the French custom of drinking alcohol, particularly red wine, with meals.

LINK

I never said there was anything wrong with an opinion.... what look at this you are attacking me.. haha, I bet your the same moron who keeps threatening to ban me for making negative comments.
laugh.gif

hmmm...

I like wine with my communion
smile.gif

I enjoy a cold beer or two once in awhile.

I enjoy Amerato in Coke once in awhile.

I enjoy Vex and Smirnoff Coolers once in a while.

My best friend is coming into town during the Grey Cup (Canadian Football League) finals in November...you better believe we are going out to the local watering hole, having a beer, maybe even two, a couple of pounds of hot wings and nachos and fries and just having a gay (as in Happy, jovial) ole time. I'm looking forward to it. I don't need to drink to have a good time, just like I don't need a coke for refreshment, water will do. I enjoy having some alcohol when the occassion warants it.

Wine and some other forms of alcohal is good.

But beer is disgusting!!

beer is an acquired taste. And not all beers are equal. I tend to stick to Micro Breweries beers, not the name brand, national chain, all taste the same stuff. Big Rock here in Calgary makes some fine tasting brews, and there are some really awesome ones in the Atlantic Provinces...Like Moosehead from New Brunswick and Alexander Keith from Nova Scotia.

A friend of mine brews his own - I think that's very cool. Even though I'm not into it
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Oct. 27 2004,5:03)]Exactly like that...

Screw you, Screw Rizz and screw this place.
I like the two little boxes underneath your avatar...how can I get those?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back