What do you drink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard not to try
ghostface.gif

drinking is fine, i would like to see you point out scriptures that forbids drinking Byblos, the first miracle of Jesus was turning water into whine.

Drunkeness is bad, moderation is the key. some people can handle 2-4 glasses of whine and not be tipsy or anything, while there are people like my mother who drinks a whine cooler and is a little tipsy, is there anything wrong with this no. its a matter of moderation and not doing it to excess. also you have to consider your wittness, so as a Christian IF i choose to drink, when i am old enough, it will most likely be in the privaticy of my own home, or only at a "romantic" night out with my wife or girlfriend (only whine).

Cyanide by definition is a poison.

Wine by definition is alcohol, not poison.

If alcohol were poisonous or otherwise harmful, why did Christ say to drink wine in rememberance of him?

I am very curious what thinking started this post?
rock.gif
Do you read the threads and think, "They MUST be drinking?"

I have been thoroughly convinced that Jesus was turning water into new wine. Gotsta' be studying that one. Always bringing up questions in my mind! Sheesh! I need a new crowd
smile.gif
study, study, study!

Does first person to turn it into a religious discussion get a prize?

Hey, where did the scary face come from?

Luke 22
17 After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, "Take this and divide it among you. 18 For I tell you I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes."
19 And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me."

1 Corinthians 11
23 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." 25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." 26For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.

When did I say the scriptes forbid drinking?

I already told you exactly why I am against drinking, I was against drinking for the same reasons long before I was saved.

@DV.. He said that because he didnt drink a harmful amount obvoisly.... Im not doubting Jesus drank alcoholic beverages... but my point being alcohol has no effect until you drink too much... then it bebins to act as a poison.

A fine sipping whiskey, a bit of Irish cream and coffe on a wisconsin night while reading! Oh a little Meyers dark rum with some ice cream, tasty. Fine indeed. I don't smokee any more. God took that from me,and Even though I adore a fine cigar, I am afraid it would lead to smoking again. Don't want tht. Infact I do not go out with friends because of the smoke.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]He said that because he didnt drink a harmful amount obvoisly.... Im not doubting Jesus drank alcoholic beverages... but my point being alcohol has no effect until you drink too much... then it bebins to act as a poison.

Actually you were trying to make a point that alcohol is poison. Which it is not.

ANYTHING can be abused, thus making it harmful.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Oct. 27 2004,1:01)]Wait wait let me guess. Cigarretes arent poisonous either?
I think it's safe to say that anything that has RAT POISON as an ingredient can be defined as poison.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Marcylene @ Oct. 27 2004,1:04)]this cup of the vine = straight from the vine, no fermentation, a very fine grape juice
Fermentation was MUCH different back then and couldn't be controlled.

Alcohol is not a poison. It is actually used to sterilise wounds in its purest form. Of course it is a drug, and addictive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back