What are you reading right NOW??

More of a fantasy type book. Not a lot of outlandish creatures, a little bit of magic, but mostly knights and swords and the like.

How are they written? What do you mean by that?

I rarely compare authors. Each author has his or her own style, I simply find a style I enjoy and go on with life. :D Except in the case of Dekker and Peretti... I did compare those two.

UPDATE: Currently reading Silence by Shusaku Endo. Great book, but heavy stuff.

If anyone has any recommendations for a light-hearted read to balance the heaviness of Silence, I'd appreciate it.

If you can stomach wacky crime novels, anything by Tim Dorsey is good. I wouldn't suggest them for anyone under 17 but the characters are quite amusing. I haven't read the last few he's put out, but Orange Crush is one of my favorites.

Edit: I just figured I'd say, I haven't been reading anything much lately, I'm too beat for my brain to work when I'm home. I wander around the bookstore bargain bins but nothing has really jumped out at me, books are just so expensive these days...

Finished the War Lords of Nin... Can't find the 3rd book right now. So Started Outbreak by Robin Cook. So far he seems pretty good. Very clinical. (he is a doctor in real life)

Though as of Monday, will be reading biology, calculus, and Nutrition...

Finished

The Light Fantastic by Terry Pratchett

Reading

The Serial Killers Club by Jeff Povey

Up Next

Equal Rites by Terry Pratchett

The Revenant by Michael Punke​

For School​

The Prince
by Machiavelli​

Are Miraculous Gifts For Today? Editor: Wayne Grudem. Contributors: Richard Gaffin, Robert Saucy, C. Samuel Storms, and Douglas Oss.

It's a great book on the topic of spiritual gifts...I'd really recommend it. :)

im currntly reading
Created to Be God's Friend: Lessons from the Life of Abraham
By: Henry T. Blackaby

I'm re-reading the entire Wheel of Time series. I'm on book three, The Dragon Reborn.

I'm also reading some Star Trek TNG paperbacks when I leave my WoT book at home.

I'm re-reading the entire Wheel of Time series. I'm on book three, The Dragon Reborn.
Now that's dedication. WoT, IMHO, was great for the first three books, then started to lag (painfully so) after that.

I'm currently reading Wishful Thinking: A Seeker's ABC, by Frederick Buechner. It's an encyclopedia of concepts about Christianity for the unsaved. In many ways, it's a "casual catechism" of Buechner's personal theologies. It's very good, and it exposes both many of the screwed up thinking patterns in the church and also many of the screwed up ideas the unsaved have about the church. A definite good read!

Currently nothing at the moment but I've been meaning to finish High Fidelity by Nick Hornby. I'm thinking about picking up the Cleric Quintet again (would be my third time through it) by R. A. Salvatore and probably one of my favorites in a particular series. Maybe some time in the future finish some others R. A. Salvatore has done that I have and quite possibly pick up the Stuart Mclean Vinyl cafe stuff again.

I know I already said it, but I've started to read the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan again. I've grown a fond appreciation of his writing after writing so much myself.

Okay, major recommendation to everyone: anything by Chaim Potok. I've read The Chosen, The Promise, My Name is Asher Lev and The Gift of Asher Lev thus far and they are simply great books.

Now I'm reading a book by a heretic named Brian McLaren called A Generous Orthodoxy...it's good for critical reading, but be careful with such things.

Grace and Peace,
David

Heroes of the faith series Frances and Edith schaeffer is what I am reading now. Read about 11 biographies. From missionaries like Jim Elliott to men of faith like John Bunyan. I presently ordered a book by Steve Thompson called "The 20th century Apostle". The Life of Alfred Garr.

Okay, major recommendation to everyone: anything by Chaim Potok. I've read The Chosen, The Promise, My Name is Asher Lev and The Gift of Asher Lev thus far and they are simply great books.

Now I'm reading a book by a heretic named Brian McLaren called A Generous Orthodoxy...it's good for critical reading, but be careful with such things.

Grace and Peace,
David

Well, I read the one about Asher Lev... didn't like it at all.
I suppose it's something Messianics would like more.

elixir - Davis Bunn.

Back