What are you reading forum?? :)

Logos

Okay I know this isn't around yet so I thought I would start a thread first off...just kinda list some books you are reading or going to read that might interest others in the forums or be of help...

Currently reading:
Radical - David Platt
Divorce "Before You Say I Don't" - Luo Priolo (For my lay counseling I am doing at church)
People Pleaser - Luo (FOR MYSELF)
Sovereignty and Responsibility 'A Molonistic view (Middle Knowledge' - Just picked it up but planning to read it in a few days.

:D

Right now: Shadow Puppet by Orson Scott Card

Last edited:
Orson Scott Card is Great!

Tonight I am finishing up Benedict Arnold's Navy - last 30 pages to go.

Byzantium by Stephan Lawhead. I've enjoyed a lot of Lawhead's work.

Fire and Company Officer, IFSTA - finished reading it a week or two ago. Horrible book, but required for my promotional test. I'm about to pick up a book on Assessment Center tests. I've only got 10 days until my next test, and figure I can cram in a few pages.

Thought about picking up The Hobbit, as I haven't read it yet.

Just finished the latest Horus Heresy novel (one of the best and most underrated military sci-fi series out there imo), and am moving on to Seeing Redd which is the second novel in the Looking Glass Wars series.

Durruck, I didn't read The Hobbit until way after The Lord of the Rings - but I found it every bit as good and it had me rereading TLotR.

Spiritual Discipleship - cant remember author
Love not the world - Watchman Nee
The Marriage Builder - Larry Crabb (its for a christian psychology class)

Notes from Underground - Feodor Dostoevsky
Addicted to Danger - Jim Wickwire
Lost City of Z - David Grann
A Million Miles in a Thousand Years - Don Miller
In the Company of Heroes - Michael Durant
Lone Survivor - Marcus Luttrell
The Mission, Men, and Me - Pete Blaber
Guests of the Ayatollah - Mark Bowden

Durruck, I didn't read The Hobbit until way after The Lord of the Rings - but I found it every bit as good and it had me rereading TLotR.
I actually prefer The Hobbit to LOTR. But that is probably because all the action is condensed in one book.

I'm reading Instructing a Child's Heart with my wife for our weekly small group.

Miller is an extremely personal writer, and I really love that about him. He is also very funny at times, and very genuine. I wouldn't recommend him to everyone, but I say at least go to amazon and read a few pages. There's no doubt he's a talented story-teller, but some people may not find interesting the things he writes about. Also, some may be turned off at just how personal Miller can be.

Hey Atown those are some good reads :)

Yeah I've liked them. Only issues so far is I wish watchman nee was a native english speaker because he seems to get stuck in loops and I think it might have been because of a lack of vocabulary. Very challenging though, don't agree with premise but challenging book none the less.

Crabb assumes you have read his other books in this one which I haven't, so its a bit weird sometimes but I've heard from others that its pretty legit.

Crabb assumes you have read his other books in this one which I haven't, so its a bit weird sometimes but I've heard from others that its pretty legit.

yeah, Crabb does tend to repeat ALOT...I prefer Lou Priolo or Paul Tripp for my counseling books. :) Now if it is money related Dave Ramsey is the way to go...hehe

Back