What are you doing with your old +FR gear?

Reason

I can't imagine any of it being useful at level 70. Is anyone keeping it at all? DE'ing it? Vendoring it?

I thought about keeping it, but personally, I think it will be useless at 70. Vendor time for me.

Last edited:
I am keeping a Fire set, myself It helped with Ramparts and the dragon boss. I will wait and see if I need it when I hit 70 and the other instances. If I run out of bag space and don't see a need for it, i will DE it.

-Steve

So far, it's sitting in the bank. I may get better pieces quickly at 70, but some of them will only have a few more +FR while sacrificing some stats or damage... I'll wait and replace them one at a time, just like I do with normal gear.

Taking it to Arthas in Icecrown? I hope? Eventually? Please? Oh wait, this isn't the Blizz forums.

Hey isn't Naxx all about frost resist by the time you get to the end?

Naxx has a wing for each resist, or so it appeared from looking at the map. And it seems that you can do each wing independent of the others... but don't take my word for it - I never got attuned.

You have to finish three wings: Deathknight, Spider, and Abomination before you can advance to where frost becomes super important. Of those wings, shadow resist is sorta important for one and NR is sorta important and pretty important for the other two, IIRC.

I have gotten rid of most of my FR gear. There is some pretty uber FR gear you can get with heroic mode turn ins. (I think that's the vendor I saw them on.)

There are also some pretty ueber recipies in the leatherworking line *grin* which have some awsome resists. I guess I will be making at least myself a set of nature and fire.

saving a few pieces of it that there really arent upgrades for, like trinket, wand, neck, but tossing head/body/legs/feet because there are craftables which blow these out of the water.

Hehehehe...

WE'RE BEING INVADED BY DRUIDS FROM STONEMAUL! GRAB YER PITCHFORKS!!!

...we're always glad to hear from our off-server brothers and sisters and gnomeys in Christ :)

Back