What are you currently reading?

I just finished it yesterday, but I picked up Empire by Orson Scott Card last week. He is by no means going to just into my top list of military/thriller authors, but it was good. He was commissioned to write something to set up the game Shadow Complex, and it's about a present-day pseudo-civil war in America. I'm almost done with the game and am pretty eager on the release of Hidden Empire

I enjoy Card's work - he does such a wide variety in genre. I've not read Empire - but I may check it out. Thanks.

I'm just finishing Pierced by Svetlana Ivanovic - a true story of deliverance and redemption from heroin addiction in war torn Serbia - by the lady who lived through it to establish a Christian outreach to heroin addicts in modern day Serbia. Not the greatest book I've ever read - but an important book to have read and glad I did.

Don't worry that is what I read day in day out. What have you read recently that you have enjoyed?

Now that i'm back in school. I am reading a Psych study on procrastination... I've procrastinated and a summary of it is due tomorrow..

Irony!

Not joking...

Now that i'm back in school. I am reading a Psych study on procrastination... I've procrastinated and a summary of it is due tomorrow..

Irony!

Not joking...

Nice;) procrastination is a highly interesting area from a achievement motivation perspective.

In terms of specific psych books I am currently reading Pinker's Blank Slate. I repeatedly want to throw the book against the wall (while evolutionary biology is my hobby; I hate evolutionary psychology with a passion).:mad:

I am reading it to have an online discussion with someone who is more EP friendly.

Irony!

Not joking...

Many years ago when I was working for a public library we had a book returned many months after its due date. Its title was "Avoiding procrastination". :D

Haha nice!

Now I'm doing a group project (we need to construct a research project/article) regarding Music evoking autobiographical memories and emotions associated with these memories. (Major pain in my side.) So I've been reading lots of research dealing with these things.

Back