Weekly uBRS runs ...

Allanon

All start times are 7:30 for which we will enter the instance by 8:00 for a duration of 2.5 hours. We will alternate Mondays and Fridays each month to attempt to be as inclusive as we can for people's schedule. It is open to all 57+ level players in our guild. We will make the go/no go if we get less then 10 people. Please read the rest of the details in this thread.

For January, we will plan for Mondays, the 23rd and 30th
For February, we will plan for Fridays, 3th, 10th, 17th and 24th.

Please ensure you are running GuildAds using our newest channel "TF" formerly "theforgiven". We are using GuildAds "Events" to schedule who is attending the event.

If you can be on TeamSpeak, all the better but I know we have a few on dialup so I will communicate via raid chat as necessary such as who is our puller and who is on what duties.

Sorry to say guys but I won't be able to head out with you all this evening. :(

I wish ya the best of luck and kill a dragonkin for me. :)

Thanks Reason, hopefully we can get together a 5 man team for your epic priest quest soon too. We'll need some uberness for that one.

[7F]Hawk said:
Thanks Reason, hopefully we can get together a 5 man team for your epic priest quest soon too. We'll need some uberness for that one.

Thanks. It doesn't have to be a 5 man though. It can be done in a raid group. I was just asking about it because I was reading that it is possible to 5 man it. Maybe next Friday we'll be able to do it. There isn't any reason on why I shouldn't be able to go next week.

It is close enough that I'm sure we can pull something together before then. Just give us a shout when you are on and lets see what we can do.

I'm not normally one to point out "negative" things as I'm always a happy go lucky person, but what happened to our weekly UBRS runs? The very first week we had 10+ people online that went. After that, it seemed as if not a lot of people wanted to participate. Any "reason" on why this might be?

Hope everyone had/has a great weekend. See you all online this evening. Take care.

Chris

I have been disappointed at the turn out for the past two weeks. I sure hope attendance picks up again for them. On the other hand, I have to thank those who are flexible enough to true a uBRS into a Strat or whatever run.

[7F]Hawk said:
I have been disappointed at the turn out for the past two weeks. I sure hope attendance picks up again for them. On the other hand, I have to thank those who are flexible enough to true a uBRS into a Strat or whatever run.

Agree'd on the flexiblity part. I'd like to make a recommendation also. We should have a Plan B each week in my honest opinion. Plan B should also vary. If we can't go to UBRS for any reason, Plan B should then take into effect. This way we are still having fun as a guild. Last week we did a Strat Dead run due to not enough people being online. This upcoming Friday if the same thing happens, how about do a Strat Live run or maybe a Scholo run (Don't quote me on the Scholo run as I don't know how many people it takes to go there), or maybe a DM run. This should also be planned in advance, maybe even for the month.

This would also help with time management so we aren't sitting around asking each other, "hey what about here, well what about here, anyone need to go here?" If it was already planned, we could just get the group of people that are online to go on Plan B.

Just a thought. I'm always up for helping in anyway that I can. Even if that means healing -------> Don't quote me on that either. :p hehehe

- Chris

I'm down for whatever. Now that I have my epic robe and epic cloak, I am less interested in the devout set and more interested in a diverse range of armor, trinkets, and weapons that enhance my healing or shadow damage. I look forward to any run we decide to make on Mondays or Fridays.

It's a shame Blizzard won't do character transfers. Tammi and I have been doing UBRS and Strat runs on our home server of Azjol-Nerub.

Yes, even at level 57 I was able to do an UBRS run....it was awesome!! Can't wait to get our toons on Terenas up to 60 to run it with you guys!

An idea?

I would like to suggest this. If we do not have enough people on Mon/Fri nights to do UBRS, how about we make a Scholo Run. If that isn't available, then we go to Strat Live/Dead. We go in that order every week. This way if not enough people are online, we already have a plan. UBRS, Scholo, Strat Live/Dead.

The amount of people below can varry, I'm just throwing out basic numbers here.

UBRS - 15 man
Scholo - 10 man
Strat Live/Dead - 5/10 man

This way we aren't wasting time deciding on what to do and we will always have a back up plan. Does this sound good to anyone else? If not, it's cool. Just thought I might throw a plan out there. :)

ttyl,

- Reason

Sure, as the last attempt, we could do a DM run (either get keyed for DM, boss run, or tribute run) 5 man

[7F]Hawk said:
Sure, as the last attempt, we could do a DM run (either get keyed for DM, boss run, or tribute run) 5 man

Oh yeah. I forgot about that place. The only time I was there was when you all took me on a Tribute run when I first started in the guild. That was my first time there and haven't been back since. lol.

That would be a great run as well though.

Thanks to those who came out last night. I know we had some problems - the instance dumping us (and resetting.. *Grrr*).

Overall, I think we did really well. Many of us learned some new things last night (I learned that it's harder to lead a run than I previously thought; that using 2 "half-healers" will work, but it takes concentration and patience {and that I can't flip back and forth between healer and cat forms})

Thank you all for hanging in there with me as long as you did. I hope I wasn't too lousy a leader. If there's something I should do differently, please let me know.

Hey all, I wanted to congratulate our winners last night on our uBRS run. We had a small challenge on the General as the majority of our fears were resisted and Randy was telling me 11 of 11 fireballs were resisted. Our second take on him brought him to his knees. I also wanted an opportunity to reiterate the goals of our uBRS runs and looting rules as we have added many to our numbers and not everyone has read over the initial posting.

Goals

- uBRS run is not a zerg, it is not intended to be one. The intention of the uBRS runs are to provide a training ground for our new or upcoming 60s. This means our runs are a bit slower as at times, individual instruction is being whispered while other times, we are covering general strategies for an area.

- uBRS runs have one leader, the 2nd goal is to learn to follow instruction. Many of us veterans have learnt that on a MC/ZG run, Raider leader sets the pace and provides the instruction. My intention on most runs is to mix it up a bit to cause you to learn to listen and follow those instructions. This is in prep for much bigger raids. Case in point, my rule about boss looting is purely one of following instructions, I am not concerned over ninja's. I am concerned that you are following and listening to the instructions. Trust me when I say, if you do not follow instructions in a MC raid, you will not be invited again. Learn to listen on the easy stuff, it will come naturally in the 40 mans

Looting Rules
We do not use a ticketing system. I believe as Christians, we have opportunity to exercise generousity. Here are the general looting rules:

- Please do not loot any boss - period. If you are unsure who the boss is, then do not loot at all. Just wait, you are not going to miss out.

- Do not combat loot or loot when players are down. I believe it shows a general lack of patience and at times greed to do otherwise. I know sometimes accidents happen when you go to target, that is completely understandable, but repeated looting is no accident.

- Roll Greed on all Green BOEs (Bind on Equip), Need only if it is an upgrade for you. This includes recipes and patterns. All profession mats (star rubies, essences, etc) are open season. The exception is scales (which are blue boes). These will be passed and discussed after everyone passes. Blue BOEs and all BOPS (Bind on Pickup) are to be passed and then discussed. Class set pieces that drop will go to the guild bank (allanonmule) if no one of that class is present and can use it. We currently have several pieces available for the Warlock, Druid and Hunter (please run GuildAds to see the list).

If there are particular questions you have about a run you are on or suggestions, please let me know. It is my hope that uBRS will serve all of us well to prepare us for the eventual runs of ZG and AQ that I hope we will be running by summer.

Although it wasn't the official guild run, we did a run last night. Spox rounded us up and we stormed through. We had an incredibly powerful group. We didn't have hunters for ice traps, but we still managed to rock the place.

The Throne Room is MUCH quicker now post 1.10. Blizz removed about 1/2 of the groups. There is only 1 patrol now, and 2 groups from the middle of the room are gone.

Those in attendance:
-Kelarra
-Reason
-Delsius
-Spox
-Durruck
-Xar
-Ironwolfe
-Mimbari
-Neirai
-Demitrius? (it was Kevin on his DPSadin, just not sure which one that is *smile*

**side note - sorry for those that didn't get to come that wanted to - we filled up quick. I know Joe was left out, could have been others.

We had only a few snags here and there... I think we wiped twice due to bad luck (got punted and runners on the first, repeated conflagerations by Drakk on the 2nd)

Something I learned - the Chromatic Dragons that are hanging out with General Drakk have random elemental resists. Last run (2 weeks ago, i think) I couldn't get a single frostbolt to land (100% frost resist). The first guard last night had ~75% frost resist; the 2nd guard had ~25% frost resist, and the last one had 0% frost resist.

I guess that means cast a few spells and see what works on each guard; don't be afraid to move away from your heavy-hitting spells if they're all resisted...

Looks like we will be filling faster for our regular ubrs runs then seeing as its limited to 10 people now. Here is what I would like to suggest, preference will go to those at the zone already. If you are outside the instance by the time invites are rolling, you have a spot. I think it will help in getting us started sooner. Glad to hear they cleared a few mobs to make it faster.

Back