We <3 TF2 n00bs

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Team Fortress 2 is now free to play.

You can download it here.

EDIT: If you're a member of Tribe of Judah, please put the [toj.cc] tag in front of your name (no space between the tag and your name, please) on Steam so we can find you and invite you to games more easily.

If you're new to TF2, please post a reply in this thread to let us know you'll be joining us. We'll help answer any questions you may have about the game.

EDIT#2: The official ToJ TF2 server address is 8.12.19.2:27015. Please add the server to your favorites!

Last edited:
Team Fortress 2 is now free to play.

You can download it here.

EDIT: If you're a member of Tribe of Judah, please put the [toj.cc] tag in front of your name (no space between the tag and your name, please) on Steam so we can find you and invite you to games more easily.

If you're new to TF2, please post a reply in this thread to let us know you'll be joining us. We'll help answer any questions you may have about the game.

EDIT#2: The official ToJ TF2 server address is 8.12.19.2:27015. Please add the server to your favorites!

Do you have to be an "official" member to put "toj.cc" in front of your name? or is a forum member enough?

Do you have to be an "official" member to put "toj.cc" in front of your name? or is a forum member enough?
To use the [toj.cc] tag, you need to be a ToJ member, but anyone willing to follow the server rules is welcome on our game servers, including our TF2 server.

I downloaded it, not sure if I'll play it or not, but I'll check it out sometime.

Thanks for the FYI!

Oh, and I added the [toj.cc] to my name on steam.

I will definitely be trying this out! I have always wondered what the fuss is about but was never willing to dish out cash for it lol

[toj.cc]Belemrys I guess will be my name...I have to change it

I recently downloaded TF2. I can't figure out how to add a server. Can someone add me? My name is TJGuitarZ, just like my name on CGA.

[toj.cc]Belemrys I added you to my friends list and sent you an invite to the Toj steam group.

I could not find TJGuitarZ on Steam. TJGuitarZ have you bought any games on Steam or is the free TF2 the only one you have? Steam restricts the friends list usage until you buy something/anything if I remember right. Also TJGuitarZ is your profile name (the name people see and can look up) not your username (the name you login by) right?

TJGuitarZ
to add a server to your favorites (Assuming Steam does not lock it on a free account, IDK if it does).

1. Start TF2
2. On the Start up page click browse servers.
3. In the window that pops up click the favorites tab on the top of it.
4. Uncheck the simplified list checkbox in the lower left of the window if checked. Text should display then instead of pictures.
5. Click add a server (and add our server IP 8.12.19.2:27015 :p ).
6. Click add to favorites and it should display in the favorites list. Though you might have to refresh it.

You can also do it through Steam without starting the game but I digress.

Abea, Belemrys, TJGuitarZ If any of you guys do end up liking TF2 and think you will play for a while I will "probably" give away my extra copy free. It should unlock the rest of the game's features for you. Just PM me if you think you'll actually be playing it.

Last edited:
Awe, thanks Gerbil. I think I'm good with the free version. I don't know what I'm missing and although I do like it, I doubt I'd ever use it to it's full potential as I'm sure someone else would. Half the time I don't even know which way to go, let alone what I'm doing. LOL

I really appreciate all you guys that are willing to be patient and help someone like me out.

???

Is TF2 supposed to look like this?

tf2am.png

Is TF2 supposed to look like this?

tf2am.png

No it's not. On rare occasion I've gotten a glitch that displays the red-ish and black reference texture (which you can see in middle left of the pic by the barrel) but that is cleared up by simply restarting the game. I've never gotten those colors. All I can suggest is to verify the files. Go to steam, library, right click on TF2 in the games listing, properties, local files, then click verify integrity of game cache. I don't know anything else to try, sorry.

Last edited:
Also check to see if your graphic drivers are up to date!

Good advice :) . Though that reminds me my computer has always had an occasional hang/crash problem on TF2 and I too recently updated my graphics driver to see if it would fix the problem. Turns out the two newer drivers I tried work far, far worse than the older one, to the point of unplayability. My point being if the newer drivers don't fix it maybe an older one will?

I was having "missing texture" issues in Portal 2, so I upgraded my video card drivers. That fixed the problem, even when the "verify the integrity of the game cache" didn't.

Aaaaaaah.

Finally got in on a TF2 Tuesday. It was so much fun... even if I'm a far cry from great. XD

Lookin' forward to next time! :D

I got play last night too, was lots of fun! I'm fairly new to the game as well (even though I've owned it since 2008.. haha). Thanks Keero and Bird for the items to help my Medic!!! You'll notice me with my [LoJ] FatMagic tag since I run the Lions of Judah gaming community - hopefully ya'll don't mind :)

I got play last night too, was lots of fun! I'm fairly new to the game as well (even though I've owned it since 2008.. haha). Thanks Keero and Bird for the items to help my Medic!!! You'll notice me with my [LoJ] FatMagic tag since I run the Lions of Judah gaming community - hopefully ya'll don't mind :)
The other medic! lol

I actually enjoyed playing medic. Sure /my/ KDR srucked, but I liked helpin' keep other people alive long enough to benefit theirs.

Fun times, this game is.

The other medic! lol

I actually enjoyed playing medic. Sure /my/ KDR srucked, but I liked helpin' keep other people alive long enough to benefit theirs.

Fun times, this game is.

It's the other other Medic! :D
Good playing with you Kendrik :)

Back