Wario for Wii

tjguitarz

Hey fellow Wii-ers,

I'm looking to get a copy of the Wario game for the Wii, Smooth Moves. I refuse to pay $50 ($45 used at GameStop), and I'd rather stay away from eBay. Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:
Smooth Moves? I have that. Its not bad. How do you feel about Amazon.com? Its kinda like Ebay but different..

Smooth Moves? I have that. Its not bad. How do you feel about Amazon.com? Its kinda like Ebay but different..

Thanks for the title.

I like Amazon, but the price there is still too much for me. I was hoping to not spend any more than $20... :eek:

Unfortunately, it's still holding out as a pretty popular game. Finding it for $20 or less at this time (especially before Christmas) is going to be difficult.

warez...just kidding
And besides, you'd have to install a modchip, which would void your warranty and (probably) brick your Wii the next time Nintendo releases a major (or even a minor) firmware update.

I'm looking to get a copy of the Wario game for the Wii, Smooth Moves. I refuse to pay $50 ($45 used at GameStop), and I'd rather stay away from eBay. Anyone have any suggestions?
I paid $56 ($53 and $3 for scratch protection) for WarioWare: Smooth Moves and, while I'm sad to say it, I wish I had waited until this game made its way from the store display to the bargain bin.

While it's a fun game, the multiplayer options are weak, you have to pass one (1) remote around for the 2-12 player games, and you have to finish the single-player game to unlock multiplayer (a terrible disease that also plagues Rayman Raving Rabbids). Granted, you can download a save that will unlock everything, but that decreases the value of the single-player game.

And while the microgame formula works for single-player ADD action, it doesn't translate well to party games--unless everyone else is also familiar with all the Smooth Moves microgames.

Example: When I asked my wife to try out the multiplayer portion of the game, she wasn't very interested to begin with, not having played another WarioWare game before. All three options (the one where you pump the balloon, the one where everyone has a lifeline, and the one where everyone looks like Icarus) destroyed what little interest she had in the game to begin with.

A specific example: When trying the 2-12 player elimination game, I played the first microgame, I won, I handed the Wii Remote to my wife who had never played the game before, and she had exactly 5-7 seconds to figure out how to play the microgame and play it successfully. Since the controls on most microgames are not immediately obvious, she lost, the game ended, and we had to start over. She was frustrated, I was frustrated, and, 30 minutes later, I shelved the game. I think I've played it twice since.

My recommendation? Unless you or your friends are hardcore WarioWare players, skip this title. It might be worth $30 USD or even $40 USD, but it's definitely not worth $50 USD.

If you lean toward multiplayer party games, pick up Rayman Raving Rabbids instead. At the very least, you and your friends will get a few hearty laughs as people at the party try to throw a cow.

If you lean toward single-player games, check out Super Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, or Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. All three games have scores above 90 on MetaCritic.

Oh, hmm... I was actually looking for a multiplayer game to play with my girlfriend. Based on your statement, Rayman is better, right? What is the best?

I enjoyed Smoothe Moves' single player, but the multiplayer is very weak as tek said. they end too quick since most of the people you play it with will not know what to do. the darts is very fun but there is plenty of other games that has darts.

super monkey ball is a great multipalyer game, 50 mini games all with 1-4 players. Although some of the games are extremley hard to do (whack-a-mole is impossible to do) and a few of the games rlly make very little sense, it is a fun game nonetheless. also the multiplayer and all the games are accessible from the beginning. it also has darts and a 2player jiggsaw puzzle which are pretty fun.

i can't say anything about rayman, never played it and I rlly didnt like the old PSX ones.

Oh, hmm... I was actually looking for a multiplayer game to play with my girlfriend. Based on your statement, Rayman is better, right? What is the best?
Rayman Raving Rabbids would definitely be the better choice of the two, especially for casual gamers.

The most popular game with casual gamers or people unfamiliar with video games already comes with the Wii. Aye, I'm talkin' about Wii Sports.

2 Wii Remotes + 2 Nunchuk add-ons + 2 people who've never played video games + Wii Sports Boxing = hilarity

super monkey ball is a great multipalyer game, 50 mini games all with 1-4 players. Although some of the games are extremley hard to do (whack-a-mole is impossible to do) and a few of the games rlly make very little sense, it is a fun game nonetheless.
I only played Super Monkey Ball for about 30 minutes, but I thought it was terrible. But, hey, that's just one person's opinion.

i can't say anything about rayman, never played it and I rlly didnt like the old PSX ones.
Raving Rabbids is nothing like Rayman 1-3. It's a set of minigames that are tons of fun.

EDIT: Raving Rabbids also features FPPS--or First-person Plunger Shooter--minigames that are a light-hearted alternative to the single-player awesomeness that is Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

[toj.cc]phantom;261685 said:
Mario Party 8? I can't believe that no one has mentioned this.
Mario Party 8 got lukewarm reviews. I haven't played it myself as I have very little interest in the Mario Party games. Every Mario Party I've played, including Mario Party DS, is so random and packed with button-mashing that I almost immediately lost interest in every iteration of the series.

EDIT: Post #1666 (on this account)!

EDIT: Post #1666 (on this account)!

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You beat me in less than a year what it took me 3 years to accomplish!!! I AM A FAILURE! Maybe I'll just start spamming like Braveheart. Boy, that kid can spam.

Anyways, thanks for your 30 minute review of Mario Galaxy. That's almost definitely on my Christmas list!

[toj.cc]phantom;261685 said:
Mario Party 8? I can't believe that no one has mentioned this.

I am NOT a fan of the Mario Party series, and I love MP8! As does everyone who comes to visit...

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You beat me in less than a year what it took me 3 years to accomplish!!! I AM A FAILURE! Maybe I'll just start spamming like Braveheart. Boy, that kid can spam.
Post count does not equal post quality. So please, for the love of cheese, don't start spamming. We moderators have enough to do to gain ground in the war on spam already.

Also remember that a decent percentage of my posts are in staff forums, which are not visible to most forum members.

</offtopic>

Anyways, thanks for your 30 minute review of Mario Galaxy. That's almost definitely on my Christmas list!
You're welcome.

Having a limited budget (now very limited, after being laid off), I like to do what I can to help people avoid unwise game purchases.

Back