Wanting to start a TeamFortress 2 Chapter

Hi all. I'm new to this community. I picked up TF2 today and after playing on some servers with some pretty immature people, I decided to 'google' for a Christian gaming group and this site was the top of the list. I see there are some people interested in TF2 and would like to play with you guys sometime. Do you have your server?

Welcome, WolfpackEE!
Do you have your server?
Unfortunately, no, not yet. We have about another $1,000 USD to raise before we can purchase a dedicated rackmount server to have installed and a monthly commitment of $50 USD total (not each) from members.

Once we get the initial funds and the pledges, we'll purchase the server, get it installed at a datacenter, and get our game server up and running.

Heyo, picked up an orange box and I thought it would be a good occasion to get back with some old friends.
Yay! Welcome back, sir. :)

I also play Medic, though my game isn't as consistent as I'd like.

I play Pyro occasionally. I recently had an 18-kill streak as Pyro that had me laughing quite heartily.

1. This is Team Fortress 2. Is a multi-player-only game that's part of The Orange Box, a collection of Valve games that include TF2, Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 1, Half-Life 2: Episode 2 and (the totally awesome) Portal.

2. It's available for PC and XBox 360. I think everybody in this thread are PC players, so far. There is no crossover between the games (XBox players can't play with PC players)

3. Purchase The Orange Box at most video game retailers for PC (make sure you check the system requirements) or XBox, or purchase a virtual copy through Steam.

I do not like Xbox, and I am sure my PC can handle it not problem...I must pick this up and play with you guys!!!

Sweet, 7 pages of posts so far.

Now all we need are chapter staff members and we can get this off the ground.

Any volunteers?

If no one steps up by this weekend, I might go recruiting outside of Tribe of Judah. (Any players wanting to lead or serve as staff members would have to join ToJ before joining ToJ staff, of course.)

Are you guys playing on Christian Crew servers or just random ones?

For me, random ones mostly. I've been looking to play games on specific maps that I haven't played yet, so I can learn them. Also been looking for smaller player loads; 24 players on 2Forts is a little cramped.

Will be paying more attention to FISH though, especially with a official ToJ TF2 Game Night coming up on Tuesday, Oct 30th.

Are you guys playing on Christian Crew servers or just random ones?
I choose servers to join based primarily on ping. I played on one of the Christian Crew servers the other night, but didn't like most of the custom maps. (I played TFC for years and I'm very finicky when it comes to TF maps, so don't let me dissuade you from playing TF2 on servers running custom maps.)

Also been looking for smaller player loads; 24 players on 2Forts is a little cramped.
THANK YOU! I agree most wholeheartedly.

Most TF2 maps do not play well with 24 players. I tend to gravitate toward 16-player servers.

I actually play a lot of 24 player servers, just on the fact that if you can hold your own against 12, in theory 8 should be easier.

Back