[Wanting To Buy] Computer case and power supply

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Anyone have a spare computer case and power supply they'd be looking to sell on the cheap?

I have all the other parts to build another computer, but a power supply and a case to put all the parts in are pretty important. :)

Alternatively, if anyone spots any killer deals on cases or PSUs, please post them here. I'm going to start keeping an eye out for deals from today forward.

What is cheap? Power supply rating? How does the Tek Law of Frugality apply in this case?

I haven't spent enough time shopping bargains to determine what's "cheap" for a PSU. I'd like a 600W PSU as a minimum and an 80 Plus rating of Bronze or better is strongly preferred.

This will be for a "backup" desktop, so I don't need the shiniest case or the most powerful PSU around, but I'd still like it to not set the house on fire. :)

I have an old case you might be interested in. Its not the prettiest thing to look at, but you can have if for shipping if you are interested. I can send you a pic or two when I get home this afternoon.. May even come with a PSU (Ill have to check on that though, so don't quote me on that.. :) )

:)

Images. :) The motherboard thats in there can come out too, unless you want it. Its a DFI LANParty with some type of CPU attached.. :)

There also is a PSU in there, but its only 450w and is older..

IMG_20131211_165251.jpgIMG_20131211_165319.jpgIMG_20131211_165334.jpg

I am most definitely interested. :)

Any way to estimate shipping costs? Because I've gotta believe it's cheaper than buying a new case and PSU, even on sale or with rebates.

I'm replacing both of those components. I have a this and a this. If they fit with what you're looking for you can have them for the cost to ship. They'll just sit in the closet otherwise.

EDIT: But I can't ship them until my new parts are here. (hopefully by the 20th)

Last edited:
I havent gotten a chance to get them weighted yet, but looking at what AMorii is offering, I would take those over mine :) and if you wont, I definitely will. :)

I'm replacing both of those components. I have a this and a this. If they fit with what you're looking for you can have them for the cost to ship. They'll just sit in the closet otherwise.

EDIT: But I can't ship them until my new parts are here. (hopefully by the 20th)

I havent gotten a chance to get them weighted yet, but looking at what AMorii is offering, I would take those over mine :) and if you wont, I definitely will. :)
:D

Yes, AMorii, I most definitely would like to purchase those items from you at the cost of shipping. They're so nice I might feel guilty for getting such a good deal. I'm sure I'd get over it, but my thankfulness would remain. :)

After you get your new parts in and confirm they work, please send me a PM with the estimated shipping cost or combined weight of the items along with your PayPal address.

And bl: Thank you for your kindness yet again. I'm blessed to be part of a community that takes very good care of me! I always love telling others how the CGA community has blessed me. :D

I might feel guilty

Please don't. xP Charity and being single is the only way I can justify upgrading as often as I do. :p Besides, they're not that nice and you do alot for the rest of us.

Out of curiosity, though, can I ask what you're building? :) I love building as much as playing.

Last edited:
Please don't. xP Charity and being single is the only way I can justify upgrading as often as I do. :p
Not entirely on-topic, but I wanted to share: Enjoy your singleness while you remain single! Every season of life is a blessing from God. Look at how effective Paul was in his ministry and he remained single throughout his life serving the Lord! I'm happy where I am in life, but I recognize that I had more freedom when I was single.

And I most definitely appreciate your charity. :)

Besides, they're not that nice
Oh, I'd say they're pretty nice. :)

and you do alot for the rest of us.
I don't do as much as I used to and I don't know if I ever did as much as I wanted to. The large majority of the credit for keeping this community lies with other staff members and, of course, the donors that pay our bills and keep the servers online.

I'm blessed to serve in what ways I can and I'm blessed to be a part of a community that takes good care of its staff. :)

Out of curiosity, though, can I ask what you're building? :) I love building as much as playing.
Well, I haven't decided exactly how I'm going to use the computer (though I may use it as a Steam box or for testing SteamOS; I also considered making it another Win7 box and placing it in my office), but I have EVERY part to build a good computer EXCEPT the power supply and case.

So I'm motivated somewhat by desire/need but mostly by my completionist tendencies. :) All those parts and all they need is a power source and a shell!

When you're done you'll have to tell me how SteamOS is. I've been super out of the gaming loop lately.

When you're done you'll have to tell me how SteamOS is. I've been super out of the gaming loop lately.
I realized today that I still need a hard drive. D'oh!

Contemplated pulling the 80GB drive from the pseudo-server I have stashed away in my entertainment center in my living room, but then I'd have to install and update Win7 all over again. Plus that box wouldn't be of much use. :p

Thought about buying a hard drive off craigslist, then came to my senses.

Thought about buying a new drive off Newegg, but I'm just too che--err, frugal.

So I may see if I can find an old laptop hard drive, nuke it, and install it in the new old system--at least until I find a killer deal on a full-size drive on Ben's Bargains or Slick Deals.

EDIT: And I don't know if I'm going to try out SteamOS right away or not. I was actually hoping to pick up where I left off in Heart of the Swarm before playing anything else on the new old box.

Last edited:
Back