Waiting...

Razilena

Ok so I pre-ordered from Amazon about 2 hours ago and am still biting my nails as I wait for the email with the codes for open beta....

Is it normal for it to take this long?

Ooh. Read the Customer Discussions posts towards the bottom of the Warhammer Product page on Amazon. It took about 10 days for my codes to show up (ordered 8/29, email with codes arrived 9/7)... they had all sorts of issues for some reason. I don't know whether it's been fixed now or not, but you may want to send an email to customer service just in case, just to speed things up. Originally Amazon was putting the codes in your Media Center in Amazon, but then about 2 weeks ago they stopped that and started emailing things ... then they had issues with the codes they were sending out not working ... and so on. You will get codes ... eventually ... but whereas in general Amazon's been amazing with customer service and I love my Prime service with them, with this Warhammer thing they've just dropped the 8-ball seriously.

I ended up picking up a $0.99 Target box to get the codes ... of course the Amazon email showed up the next morning, but anyhow...

Thanks for the heads up...

CS called me (nice feature of their CS) and the best they can do is say that I will have the codes in 1-2 days. I asked her if there was any way to speed this up and she said she could add a note that I need them ASAP.

Any suggestions on what I should do?
Wait it out? Cancel and go elsewhere? I just don't want to cancel and then get stuck with the same problem except be paying a higher price. At least Amazon is cheaper if nothing else.

And I won't be able to get to a store to pre-order until Saturday

Last edited:
Really if Amazon says 1-2 days I expect you'll get it by Saturday ... there's no real open beta window left for you anyhow since the CE headstart goes live Sunday morning ... and you'll still have room before the standard headstart starts. I wouldn't cancel it.

Also, the download file is a 10GB monster ... took many of us a full day to download from home. So there will definitely be significant lag between when you get your codes and when you'll be playing.

Just an update...

I got my codes this morning then after a 301 person wait list I was finally able to start downloading about 2pm EST and it fluctuates between 11 and 24 hr download time. I should be on by Sunday

Back