Wait or Use new PC parts?

Corpfox

GTX 670 that I wanted so much just came on sale and also comes with a free, Borderlands 2 game.

Usually when I buy new PC parts, they are used on my old PC and will eventually be moved to a completely new PC.

I also compared this GTX 670 to US market, its not on sale there. :confused:

newegg; $399 USD, free BL2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125423

ncix; $389 CDN, free BL2 and Mafia 2

http://www.ncix.ca/products/?sku=71107&vpn=GV-N670OC-2GD&manufacture=Gigabyte&promoid=1043

It would be hard to keep it un-open/un-boxed till I get my fully new PC, but ya.

Last edited:
IMO don't ever let a "free" game swing a choice for PC hardware.

If you are going to buy it anyway, and its on sale now, get it. Just don't break it :D

Ordered:

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H ATX LGA1155 mobo
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 OC video card
Intel Core i7 3770K Unlocked Quad Core

Really sucks that I had to buy them separately cause of the different free shipping.

Once I have all the parts, I'll see what I need left over to give my old one to my "mother".

Under a grand for those 3 parts but I will enjoy them with my new games, especially the free Borderlands 2 game.

Last edited:
If you found out they would lay u off of work just as you bought ur new PC parts, would u return ur new PC parts? Or other opinions?

I would, as long as they are unused. I've done it, kinda. I lost my job a few years ago the day after I bought a Wii for the kids. Since I didn't open it yet I returned it and bought food.

If you found out they would lay u off of work just as you bought ur new PC parts, would u return ur new PC parts? Or other opinions?
I'd cancel the order if it hadn't shipped yet. If it shipped, I'd calculate cost to ship it back, then likely do so.

If I had bought a $100 monitor and it was going to cost $20 to ship back? I'd probably just keep the monitor. But a processor, video card, and mainboard shouldn't be too expensive to ship back.

Actually, I'll keep it.

I have enough savings and won't blow it up like my un-boxing addiction.

Got my 3 parts and I'll built them tomorrow.

I'm excited that I've upgraded from a old i7 intel to a new i7 intel.
Same goes with video card; from GTX 275 to GTX 670.

I just hope it doesn't stall TF2 infrequently.

Whoo! Just got free Borderlands 2 on Steam from Nvidia. Maybe the Mafia 2 code is in the box.

Last edited:
Just built it today and can't get pass boot-up.

The advice is to reformat it....again

I'm gonna try the windows DVD otherwise, I'm really hating reformatting
:mad:

Back