VideoGameWorkout.net

CCGR

This is a new website I'm launching for those who want to get in shape by having fun. I believe I can get a full body workout by combining DDR and Wii sports. I'll try and lose 15lbs by dedicating at least a half hour a day to fitness gaming.

Check it out!
http://www.videogameworkout.net

Two words: Wii Boxing. I played three fights in a row today and I managed to get my heart rate up quite a bit. Fun stuff.

I think the site is a great idea. It seems the modern media is still working off an antiquated stereotype of gamers: overweight, lazy, socially maladjusted (or, worse yet, homicidal) sixteen-year old males more interested in Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian than Tiffany, the cute girl in Geometry class. A site like this can only help to chip away at that nonsensical stereotype.

Last edited:
yeah I aim to do DDR and Wii boxing daily. I cool down with tennis and baseball. I'm not fat but I could be in better shape which is what I'm aiming for

if you're looking for a computer version of DDR try the closed beta Dance! by acclaim... it works with game pads, that's probably all I can say at this time.

I've seen a Christian version of DDR available for Computers at Family Christian Stores. I don't know much about it. I think it was $50 and came with the game and 1 dance pad. I did not see any extra pads by themselves, but they might be able to order them.
Also, I heard there is way to program your own songs into DDR. Does anyone know if it is true? If so, it might be cool to work out to some Christian music.
If I get myself a Wii, I may join you in the work out. But that may be a ways away for me. Have fun! :)

Dance Praise is a Christian DDR game they have music expansion packs but you can't import your own :(

Two words: Wii Boxing. I played three fights in a row today and I managed to get my heart rate up quite a bit. Fun stuff.

As much as I... dislike... the Wii, Wii boxing is fairly exercisical, if that's a word. I'll stick with the treadmill either way, though.

Back