Video editing

Justice

Wondering a couple things.

Does the quake3 engine have built-in video capture? I remember seeing that the UT engine did...

What is a good program for video editing/capture? I've always wanted to make a video of me playing an FPS like SoF2.

On another note, just installed adobe photoshop 6. Gonna twiddle with it later.

I made a video in quake3... its quite complex... What u have to do is three things...

Record a demo of your playing...
Play the demo and install a script which takes screenshots and dumps them out at 30fps.. (you need mucho HDD for this).
There is a program you can use that then puts all the BMP files together in divx format....

I cant find the links but im sure yoiu will be able to find them. I think it only works for q3.

Yeah I can usually find whatever I need. It's the demo recording I'd like to find out about if someone has that info already. Basically I want to take several demos, cut out cool action sequences, and put it together as one short action movie. I'd like to have hard evidence that I can snipe with knives and take on 5 people at once... lol

No, there have to be other ways to capture video. I know there are programs that do it, I've just never used any programs before.

Well, there is a built-in windows movie maker program, but it won't capture what's going on on my screen, it just captures from cameras and stuff. I can use it to edit though. I need a way to make movies of me playing games on my machine. From there I can put it into window's movie maker, input video only, then add music myself. I've seen a couple videos from clans in quake3 that were really cool. We used to watch them with awe at some of the shots they did, it was awesome. But I've seen more impressive stuff in my daily gaming, and have no screens to show to the world
sad.gif
Videos are great..

I actually got sent a link from a friend to a thread at ravensoft on a script for movie making, and apparently it can not only make demos but convert to AVI as well. Haven't tested it yet though. Thanks for all your help guys.

Back