• ATI RADEON All-In-Wonder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NVIDA

• OTHER (please list below)

• Total voters

crazydrummer

I wanta see what type of graphics card ya'll would recommend for gaming, since most of you have done it for much longer than I have!

I prefer ATI but getting the best card for your money would in my opinion be the 6800 GT I have seen it for as low as $329 and it has 16 pixel pipe lines like the Ultra and has just a little slower memory speeds but those can always be overclocked.

my Radeon 9600 XT is great. relatively cheaper then those super high end cards, and performance is great. Grab Omega drivers, and maybe a Powerstrip and it's a powerhouse with lots of overclockings to do
biggrin.gif

All in wonder cards are usually waste of money, and many have Bugs and problems with gaming. Stick to Pros and XT's.

I personally switched from NVidia to ATI due to the performance increases. The prices are somewhat comparable although ATI is a little more. I've got a Radeon 9800 Pro w/128 MB RAM and it seems to do fine for today's games. I'm anxious to see how it handles Doom 3 and HL2...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheElite @ July 22 2004,4:58)]I've got a Radeon 9800 Pro w/128 MB RAM
this is like, the exact same vid card my bro just got with his new comp.. graphics are really really good on his comp... i want it b4 he takes it off to college with him!!

I'm in the nvidia camp coming off of a particularly bad 128mb 9200 se
sad.gif
which I was upset with but I like the ati high end hardware though the fx series appeals to me but it's up to you nvidia gaming for me
smile.gif
plus my new nforce 2 mobo should surely help performance wise etc. etc.

I consider both to be good. I've never had a problem with the nVidia so I tend to stick with that. Haven't tried ATI yet, but who knows what I'll get next.

I originally wanted to get the 9800 XT w/256 MB RAM, but couldn't bring myself to spend $500 at the time...who knows what it costs now.

I'm done fighting this war with keeping up with the latest hardware. I'll just stick to my games that require DOS and 640 KB RAM and 16 colors...

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheElite @ July 26 2004,9:31)]I originally wanted to get the 9800 XT w/256 MB RAM, but couldn't bring myself to spend $500 at the time...who knows what it costs now.
I just got it from shuttle for 350

i have nvidia NNOONOONNNO. I HAD a laptop that was ULTRA GOOD. It had ATI RADEON 9700 X_X | >.< | Xp But the cd drive wouldn't play dvds so we returned it. double >.<. Now i'm stuck w/ our yr 2000 comp. But it's good enuff but not enuff 4 halo. X_x. oh and the video card had to fit on the laptop MAKING IT EVEN MORE EXPENSIVE THAN IF U PUT IT IN YOUR DESKTOP x_X >.<

I'm going to upgrade my motherboard from AGP 4x to AGP 8x mb. Getting a better chipset too (i865.. pity i don't hav enuff saved for an i875) I'm more headed toward Asus, but ABit and Shuttle seems pretty well too. Still deciding. Oh, and a new heatsink with it for good overclock backup for the CPU
biggrin.gif
Probably after that i would switch to PCI Express. something like x800
tounge.gif

Back