Veterans Day / Remembrance Day

Berstromme

A note of thanks in appreciation to all those that have served or are serving in their nation's military this day. Americans now refer to this as Veterans Day, not many know that this was originally Armistice Day celebrated with our fellow Allies commemorating those that served and those that lost their lives during World War I. Australia, Barbados, Bermuda, Canada, India, New Zealand, South Africa, Unitied Kindgom and Northern Ireland observe the day to day as Rememberance Day. A special salute to all those that stood against tyranny and those that seek to enslave others of yesterday and today, long may our nations stand side by side for freedom.

Last edited:
thank-you Mike, it has been a day of reflection in our home and a deep sense of appreciation for our military - past, present and future.

I too, would like to say thank you to all who serve in the military. It is a honor and privilege to know many who serve to protect the freedoms that we enjoy. May God protect you all and bring you home safely to your families.

I, too, would like to thank our vets and current sevicemen- even if I'm a day late.

P.S. Happy Birthday, USMC!

You're two days late for that, Kirk.... Better buy a really nice card to make up for it :)

And I echo the thoughts and words of those that have already posted: Thank you to all those that have served, are serving, and are planning to serve in the armed forces around the world. And it wouldn't be complete without thanking the families of that group as well - your sacrifice and separation from your loved ones is certainly noteworthy, as well.

Back