Use uTorrent? Downgrade or delete.

Deluge would be great if it ran better. I have a fresh install of XP SP2 and it runs like poo-poo. I guess its like how all GTK+ / Python apps try to run in windows.

Heres a bizzare client I came across. I had a good laugh. http://www.moopolice.de/

Last edited:
I want to stay with uTorrent, but when I try to download 1.6.1.0, it says it is not found on their site... :(

I use transmission and love it. On XP I will probably keep using 1.6 and not upgrade as long as that works

utorrent is the only torrent i cna use that doesnt suck for me. before i moved to my wireless setup downstais, i coudl hit 150-180 kbps on most d/l's. ill see if i alrdy have 1.6, if not i'll try to downgrade.

just d/l'd 1.6. ill say how it goes later on (need to find a new anime to d/l to watch at night when im not in an mmo mood;)). my q is, the newer version has speed setting #3, does somethng to encrypted files or some crap. how good is it and will it slow my d/l's by much not having it? i didnt notice THAT much of boost in my old verison till i opened my port which triples my d/l speed.

either way, ty for info, torrents rock:D

150-180 kbps

kbps stands for KiloBITS per second, I think you meant Kb/s which is kiloBYTES, because 150 kbps is 18.75 kb/s which is down around dial-up...well, not that low, but close...

Thanks (and no thanks) to my new internet, I download torrents around 800-1200 kb/s...even though I hate comcast, they sure are making me happy... :)

Last edited:
Back