Update

Talaeryn

Tammi and I want to thank you guys for the invite into the guild. We are really excited about being part of a guild with an active chat channel as it is the community that makes any online game worthwhile.

We will be on for a limited amount this week. Tammi's computer kept shutting down intermittenly and after replacing heat sinks and swapping out ram chips I just got to the point where I had to take it in. They said with the backlog it will be about four days before we get it back. So in the meantime we will have to share this computer.

Also, we discovered that the names we used on Azjol-Nerub are already in use on this server (Vherek and Anathea). When we transfer our mains we will have to pick new names. I am going to use the name Talaeryn that I created on this server and have started leveling an alt (Vhaleryn) to play with until they do the transfers.

See you guys soon!

Is there any hint as to when the transfer service will actually happen? weeks? Months?

I couldn't find any reference to it anywhere.

I completely understand about computer problems holding things up. *pulls out hair in frustration* I'm still waiting for my gaming computer to get fixed so I can re-roll on Terenas.

This is the first time I've heard anything about transfers, but that would be awesome. Do you think they'll allow transfers from PvP servers to PvE servers? Not that it would help me any, considering my Druid is Horde, but I was still wondering.

~Rulu~

Here is the link to the blue reply that mentions the character transfer service. No ETA mentioned.

Character-Transfer Service
Another feature of the Web site we'll be implementing is fee-based character transfers. This is a feature that's been very frequently requested and one which we want to provide for players as soon as we can. We'll offer character transfers from one realm to another, as well as allow players to move characters from one account to another. While we want to offer this service as a convenience, we also want to prevent its use for exploitive reasons, so there will be a time restriction to limit the frequency that a character can be moved.

I was thinking about the 'fee' they have in mind. Considering BlizzCon is $120 (not including website surcharge)
Most Cons are about $20.00? per person. I hope they keep it resonable... I im guessing they would but the price of BlizzCon kinda threw me.

I would think 25 - 35 US is likely a targetted cost. My guess is they will either restrict server to server moves to one a month or like our training to respec, increment the cost of the character to character move each time you use it, in whatever case they use, it needs to keep ppl from bunny hopping too much. Could you imagine taking a 60 to a new low pop server, farming "popular" drop points or even rich thorium veins and in two months transfer back with supplies that could net you 1000s of ingame currency? I hope you don't but I know gold farmers are sure thinking that way.

Hello and thanks for the warm welcome!

I've created an alt to play while we're waiting on the transfers. I will be playing Bairead until then. Once the transfers are announced, I will be using Annathea.

Look forward to meeting everyone soon.

Tammi

I would assume they will restrict transfers to new servers until they become 'medium population'. I hope they are thinking about moving characters from mature servers to other mature servers, anything else would upset the entire game. IF they were really smart about it, they would wait to match a moving character from a 1st server for another character moving on a 2nd server moving to the 1st. So its just a character switch. I mean who wants a medium population server all of a sudden become high population? They need to be real careful about this and use common sense.

Back