Update a better hour.

Counselor

I understand the server updates cause problems for people all over the world but it seems to me the US server should be updated not at a prime time like it is now but possible very late at night when most are sleeping. Oh well just my opinion now.

Server Maintenance Schedule

Ok. I'm not sure what you are meaning by "prime time."

Eyonix posted yesterday concerning maintanance:
Tomorrow’s regularly scheduled maintenance will be extending by an additional two hours beginning at beginning at 3:00 AM PDT Tuesday, April 11. This will allow us to prepare and apply a minor bug fix patch. We anticipate the maintenance to conclude at the normally scheduled time of 11:00 AM PDT.
So, the normal window for weekly maintenance is Tuesday mornings from 5:00 AM to 11:00 AM PST.

Tseric answered a question on why Tuesday was chosen as the day to do maintenance:
Because it consistently has the lowest population numbers and traffic, therefore it impacts the fewest players possible.

There was one more post I was going to quote but I have already spent too much time trying to find it. The gist of what I wanted to quote was that peak/prime hours are in the evenings, not the mornings when realm maintenance is done. Blizz is attempting to do their maintenance when the fewest players would be affected. If you happen to be one of the lucky "few" then you will have to reschedule or live with it.

Real Life ain't fair sometimes.

Grym

I agree but on a US server it seems the very early morning hours would be best. I don't know for sure, I'm no computer expert by any means, I prefer unpredictable people to deal with. Just seems in the middle of the day would not be the best time.

but they're doing it when they figure that the majority of kids will be in school and the majority of adults will be at work. could you imagine the revolt if server maintenance constantly went from 3pm to 9pm server time?

Back