Two requests concerning a birth and a death

SirThom

Hello all,

My mom has been having some activity with her pregnancy lately, and I'd appriciate it if you could pray for her... that everything will be OK.

On a heavier note, a girl in a family we know died today. She was 5 years old -- I believe the had a heart defect from birth. :( Please also pray that God will give the Enlow's strength through this extremely difficult time.

Thanks guys.

- Tom

EDIT: Sorry about the first forum title...I typed the post without thinking of how "Two requests: a birth and a death" sounded. =(

Last edited:
SirThom said:
EDIT: Sorry about the first forum title...I typed the post without thinking of how "Two requests: a birth and a death" sounded. =(
If you want me to change the title, just let me know what you want it changed to.

Praying.

EDIT: Thread title changed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the prayers.

Here is Faith's obituary, for those who may wish to read it.
Faith Elizabeth Enlow, 5

SALEM - There will be funeral services at 8 p.m. Sunday at the Old North Church of Canfield for Faith E. Enlow, 5, who passed away Tuesday morning at Akron Children’s Hospital.

Faith was born Sept. 23, 1999 in Cleveland, the daughter of Richard and Geri (Dale) Enlow.

She was a member of the Old North Church in Canfield where was very involved in the AWANA program and Sunday school. She was a home-schooled first grader.

Her contagious smile won everyone’s hearts and even though her continuing heart problems began to worsen this year, it didn’t dampen her spirit, her joy, or her love of art. She could color, draw and paint for hours.

Faith is survived by her parents; a brother, Ricky at home; and a sister, Rebecca at home; her paternal grandparents, Robert and Martha Enlow of Canfield; maternal grandmother, Elizabeth Dale of Akron; four great-grandmothers, Mary Metzinger of Canfield, Goldie Grady of Barberton, Lyritt Enlow of Hampstead, N.C., and Doris Thatcher of Hometown, Ill.; and several loving aunts, uncles and cousins.

She was preceded in death by an infant sister, Shelby Lyn Enlow in 1996; and grandfathers, Richard Waite and Gerald Lee Henderson.

Friends and family may call from 2 to 4 p.m. and from 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday at the Old North Church of Canfield.

Friends may also view this obituary and send condolences at www.lanefuneralhomes.com.
(http://obit.lanefuneralhomes.com/obit_display.cgi?id=247784&listing=Current)

Sad.....nobody should ever have to go through that -- especially more than once.

---

No word yet on the baby. Mom says that the contractions have quieted down a bit, though she was in a bit of pain last night.

An update:

Mom is creeping closer toward the end of her pregnancy. The midwife told her to hang out for a little bit to see if things improve -- otherwise, she's going to the birthing center.

I'll keep you guys updated.

The baby is born!! She was born at 11:57 AM. Name, weight, and possibly a picture to follow later today.

MAD WOOTS! =D

God is soooo very good all the time! God bless you! She is a very blessed little girl to have such a wonderful big brother!
This calls for a group, "Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!"

Marcylene said:
God is soooo very good all the time! God bless you! She is a very blessed little girl to have such a wonderful big brother!
This calls for a group, "Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!"
Thanks. =)

I've got pictures lined up of her, but I'm waiting until I get the go-ahead from Mom before I blast her face around the 'net. =D

She weighed in at 9 pounds even, and has dark hair.

We're thinking of either Emily Joy or Amy (or Aimee) [insert middle name].

Obviously my opinion is worth little and was unasked for but I would suggest not naming her something that's spelled weird or she'll be getting it spelled wrong her entire life.

Congratulations to your family!

Back