Twitter

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
What do you all think of Twitter?

I recently created a personal account for the site, but I'm not sure what to make of it yet.

On one hand, there's the Quake Live twitter, which helps keep players informed when servers go offline, why they went down, and (sometimes) approximately how long it will take until they're back up.

On the other hand, it seems like Twitter could generate tremendous amounts of "me generation" static.

actually ive heard of many applications, from brain storming amongst co workers to the knowings of a campus university, its useful and has its place imo

I like it. I'm following mostly friends, webcomic artists, news agencies (the Onion included), and a few comedians.

It does lend to the "people really care about what i'm doing right now illusion.

it also is a decent way to keep up with news items, especially if you're following CNN or the like. (being a media student, that's kinda handy)

i'm at @baronsquirrel if you care. or if you don't.

I don't exactly know what it would be used for, though it does seem useful and I do think ToJ or CGA could put it so good use.

This is also coming from someone who does not use facebook and has not checked his myspace in 3 years.

I don't exactly know what it would be used for, though it does seem useful and I do think ToJ or CGA could put it so good use.
And now Tribe of Judah has a Twitter.

I made the first post. Bakey made the second. I'll probably leave the rest to Bakey from here on out. I have a difficult enough time trying to keep my personal Twitter interesting.

This is also coming from someone who does not use facebook and has not checked his myspace in 3 years.
In respect to social networking, MySpace is essentially a corpse.

When it comes to finding new musicians and those new musicians getting their music out to a new audience, MySpace is still a popular destination.

For social networking, though, Facebook is top dog in the US and Canada. I can't speak for other countries, though.

Twitter is good for updates on hockey games when customers turn the channel when there's 5 minutes left in the 3rd period

Back