Treasurehunt Hats

toj-Grey

http://store.steampowered.com/treasurehunt
look half way down, on the right side:

You want hats too?
Fine. complete objectives to unlock a special hat in Team Fortress 2.

• Bounty hat for 5 objectives
  • Treasure hat for 15 objectives
  • Hat of Undeniable Wealth and Respect for 28 objectives

I believe that to get that last hat you will have to complete all the objectives on each/every two days.
I won't be able to do that on account that Ruse is pricey (-33%, $33.49), so I will just try for the treasure hat instead.

Edit:
The Great Steam Treasure Hunt will only be going on from December 6th to the 20th

Last edited:
Valve's shameless hat pandering to sell games continues T_T. Honestly who has got in charge there to make them so money grubbing lately. It's tempting to fill my wish list and get an avatar so I can get 5 achievements and a free hat (if you don't have a wish list it says it won't work). Thing is I don't want people buying me games I don't want which, along with people buying hat's for achievements, is what Valve wants >.< .

I think I will stick to my spy Fedora back from a time when hats were actually cool and not treasure chests on my head :/ .

It's just. A virtual. Item.

Don't buy $90 worth of games to get a "free" hat.

Just don't. @_@

Scout ftw.

I mean, even though the Milkman hat is about $18, +25 HP is kind of hard to pass up.

Note that it's kind of hard, not impossible.

/goes back to his 125 HP Scout :(

Come to think of it I just need to start making my own custom hats and selling them for top dollar. Sure you could only use it on servers that allow custom content but people are spending loads of money on pre-made hats or trying to get a hat from a crate. Just think what they would spend for a Gerb'il custom original.

I think I've invented a new profession, virtual milliner. :p

hey, Remember this?
Five people were able to participate in the first round of community content sales and Valve has sent them checks for the "first two weeks of sales, with royalties ranging from $39,000 to $47,000 per person." Yikes!

"At a time when content creators are struggling with changing markets and evolving technologies, the Steam community is sending a clear message with these checks," said Valve president Gabe Newell. "Platforms that enable this kind of peer-to-peer exchange of virtual goods and services are going to be enthusiastically received. They create an inherently greater efficiency in connecting creators and consumers."

1. sell your hats to valve
2. everyone wears your hats
3. ?
4. Profit

Believe me I remember it...sigh. I've got a few dozen TF2 projects and I never finish any of them. Worse yet is when Valve comes out with stuff similar to what I thought of :( .

Here's a screenshot of the Bounty Hat:

A decent enough hat, but not something to spend extra time or any money to obtain. Besides, most everyone will have one in a few days if Valve keeps posting achievements like "set up an avatar" or "have 10 friends on your Steam friends list" every 2 days.

I need help with the an objective >_>

"Breaker, Breaker"
Set a leaderboard score of at least 11,200,000 for 'Bonus Mode' in Shatter

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLB2hdCbJek
I beat it! thanks to that video.
Aye, that video helped me, too. I got the achievement and now I never want to play Bonus Mode again. Ever. Achievements have a nasty way of sucking all the fun out of a game.

Back