Trappers?

Halonic

Quite a while back Mr. Slice and Astrod00d were going to team up with me on an Underworld trapper run. Astrod00d is stuck in Battlefield2 world and Mr. Slice is keeping us safe aboard ship in the Navy. I am wondering if we have any other trappers in SoE?

Trapping is my most fun and relaxing thing to do in Guild Wars. You can do a trapper run with only three trappers if all are experienced and have 16 points in Wilderness Survival. Otherwise four is the recommended group. These are all-Ranger groups....not even a Monk.

The game requires you to be ascended to enter the Underworld. Level does not matter. Any interest? Think ectos !!!

My ranger is currently at Yak's.

With a little bit of help, I could conceivably be run to the towns to buy the trapping skills, figure out an ascension strategy, do those missions (and thereby get to level 20), and then go to FoW with you.

Give me a week tops.

I would need to get the trap skills (I currently only have 1 or 2), then i could just rearrange my attributes into a trapper....but I've never really done any traps myself, prefered to actually do the fighting stuff... :)

I have a ranger up to Sanctum Cay too, but don't have any trap skills, I've faught through the explorable areas with henchmen all the way from Ascalon. I haven't really touched this character in months though. I wouldn't mind doing a trapping run either, but have a little progress to make first.

Here are the skills needed to trap. There are 4 traps:
Dust Trap
Flame Trap
Barbed Trap
Spike Trap (elite...skill cap in one of the ring of fire missions)

The first few times I tried it I only had three traps (no elite) and only 13 in wilderness survival. You can still help a team like this but some trappers insist that you have at least 15 wilderness survival before they will let you join their team.

Spirits are a necessity on trapper runs. The three most common are:
Energizing Winds
Quickening Zephyr
Winnowing
Usually each team member brings one spirit. EW and QZ are useless without each other.

You absolutely MUST bring a rez of some kind...even if its just the signet.

Troll Unguent is great because your wilderness is so high.

This leaves one skill slot left. Personal choice here......I always find myself going back to Lightning Reflexes although I have taken Throw Dirt or Whirling Defense. Some like Serpents Quickness but I never have taken a shine to it.

Most trappers take a staff or offhand item for extra trap-setting energy (you can set traps just as easily with a staff in your hand as a bow). My R/Mo uses a Healing Ankh with +12 energy requiring 7 Healing Prayers. I have Druid's Armor because of the energy lift. My Trapper has 44 energy.

The first time you see the Aatxes run toward you and hit the traps is an awesome sight to remember. If you see me online....give me a whisper and we'll try to advance your trapper. Its lonesome in the Underworld right now.

Last edited:
Talori has the skills and all, just never done the trapper there.

Most of the time when I play I have to go afk to do stuff around the house or run kids to activities or pick them up or help with homework... you get the idea. That is why I have played most of the game with henchmen. If I do get a night where nothing is going on and kids don't need to interupt for help or anything, then I will consider trying it out. I like to be able to concentrate on what I am doing so I don't die and kill everyone in my group :p (which is what happens many times with the henchmen when the kids interupt, hee hee).

I have a lvl 20 fully ascended Ranger who has done everything already. Titan quests, Sorrow's, main story, 30 att points, etc. She's a beastmaster though. I could go Trapper though. I have the necessary equipment and such such as sup wild rune, the mask for +1 Wild, druids armor, etc. Just pm me the build sometime. I'm Miss Avania(Mesmer), Miss Alexandrea(Necro), Lady Nevina(Monk), and Miss Evangelina(Ranger). I don't have much experience in the UW though...I never go to it and usually PvP and do quests/missions instead. So I might not know my way around etc. :eek: That's all for now..Pm me if interested.Later!

Back