Training Nights

Pabmeister

In light of the new members that pour into our clan on a daily baisis, I was thinking a bit today about starting a "training" program, help some of the newer players get familiar with the game.

I remember when I started I was quite unsure what to do, and the people on this server were verry generouse with information, but perhaps to take it a step further.

I recomed at some designated time of each the week, we lock one of the server and have "training" sessions, in which we dont play to slaughter eachother, but turn on all talk and discuss tactics, aiming, silencer/nosilencer , rushing/camping zones, hostie/ bomb places and other things.

Sure this will require people power, but I belive this is a strong enough commuity to get a program like this going.

Well, post your opinions, let me feel the flames.

Pabmeister

That's a good idea.
smile.gif

Not a bad idea. I think some of the vets might learn a thing or two with this as well. But I think once a week might be too often. Maybe once every other week.

Good idea! Although I've only been playing for awhile, I'd be glad to offer any advice I have!

I also think every other week is probably a better idea than every week.

actually the best training is to get the peoples advice and just practice "training" on cs is almost an oxymoron.

the reason why i say this is because i have tryed it with people up at school (cs 1.5 lan) and it failled horribly, then i gave them basic pointers (IE rifles, shooting through boxes, nades, quick switch) and they all started to get better ( or i got alot worse)

just my 2 cents.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LionOfJudah @ Mar. 29 2004,8:56)]actually the best training is to get the peoples advice and just practice "training" on cs is almost an oxymoron.

the reason why i say this is because i have tryed it with people up at school (cs 1.5 lan) and it failled horribly, then i gave them basic pointers (IE rifles, shooting through boxes, nades, quick switch) and they all started to get better ( or i got alot worse)

just my 2 cents.
then you're a bad teacher :p I sucessfully trained 4 complete, total, nintendo 64 nubs into LAN party champions in 2 days.

Perhaps we could make it more of a "strategy" night, where whe can just go over all the above mentioned stuff but is geared more towards working as a team, rushing/defending positions and learning maps.

I think this could become really great for the ToJ cs community.

(maybe we should start a wc3 one also. i just got the game and i cant play it at all, because itws not command and conquer red alert. I WANT MAMMOTH TANKS)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LionOfJudah @ Mar. 29 2004,2:43)]one word
steamtanks
[offtopic] But they aren't double barrled wonders, they cost too much and you cant build them every 0.05 seconds.

Lets just meet on a chanel ( i allways meet on Padawan when it comes to B-net) and play tonight. wisen me up [/offtopic]

So...no one has any oppionions how this is gonna work?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LionOfJudah @ Mar. 29 2004,3:27)]as far as wc3, we have a forum for that and the channel is op cga
This be a Cs board, back on topic!
[small] after this that is. wanna play wc111 now? [/small]

So ... no one really is reading / caring about this strategy night?

Oh well. Maybe one day.

most people have jobs (myself included) and may not have time. would first have to see if there is intrest for it. for the most part the people who post on the forum have a vague idea of what they are doing (ok only i have a vague idea everyone else knows what they are doing
laugh.gif
)

This sound like a very good idea. In order to get it to work you'll need an admin to lock down a server (preferably toj2). Then you'll need two people, one on each team, to train people on that team. Then after 10 minutes on that map, everybody switches teams and learns something about the other side of the coin. Then after another 10 minutes, you switch maps.

Be sure to teach on the most common maps and be sure to get at least one de and one cs per evening (training session). Just touching on three maps is going to put you out an hour.

I can see many benefits in helping people learn maps and strats to help reduce the number of silly errors.

[/QUOTE]This sound like a very good idea. In order to get it to work you'll need an admin to lock down a server (preferably toj2). Then you'll need two people, one on each team, to train people on that team. Then after 10 minutes on that map, everybody switches teams and learns something about the other side of the coin. Then after another 10 minutes, you switch maps

I agree with peon i will do what i can do

It could be a good idea if ToJ wasn't so huge of an organization.

It's a pretty good thought, but there is no way it could work out.

For any new comer reading this: Walking is good. Walking is really really good. Do not run around. Walk.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Miscellaneous @ Mar. 29 2004,2:50)]Why don't you pretend you were a hotdog and do us all a favor  
laugh.gif

tounge.gif
hmmm...

*imagines Misc is the hotdog*

*starts chasing it madly*

tounge.gif
0\/\/n3d

Back