Tragedy at Virginia Tech

tjguitarz

Link

2 People Shot, 21 Dead on Virginia Tech Campus

April 16, 2007 01:08 PM

Police say a gunman at Virginia Tech University has killed 21 people after he opened fire in a dorm and classroom. Police say the gunman was also killed.

The university says the shootings happened at the opposite sides of campus. The first happened at a co-ed residence hall. The gunfire continued about two hours later inside an engineering building.

Virginia Tech's police chief says one student was killed in the dorm and the others were killed in the classroom.

The university's president calls the shootings a tragedy of "monumental proportions."

All entrances to the campus have been closed and classes are canceled through tomorrow.

I'll be praying.

I know people who go to Virgina Tech, and were in the Engineering program. Praying for their safety big time!

I'm praying also, but I'm glad that the idiot got what was coming to him, to bad I couldn't have pulled the trigger on that moron.

too bad I couldn't have pulled the trigger on that moron

While this is absolutely a tragedy, and those affected by it should be in our thoughts in prayers, I would caution those that feel like this. Job gives us a great example about how we should face adversity. Also remember, Vengance is the Lord's.

While we may not ever know what happened to cause all this, we're not to judge others, even someone that went on a murderous rampage. God will take care of that.

Our thoughts should center around just this:

I'll be praying.

too bad I couldn't have pulled the trigger on that moron
we're not to judge others, even someone that went on a murderous rampage.

Bullied = Revenge = Shooting in School, mainly.
Or
Urge to Kill = Shooting in School.

I am not surprised this would happen.

It has happen in Canada and US years ago, not sure about the other countries.

Bad things happen, eventually. The only people that can stop bad things are the people committing it.

If writing this gets me banned, at least give me a temporary ban.

Bullied = Revenge = Shooting in School, mainly.
Or
Urge to Kill = Shooting in School.

I am not surprised this would happen.

It has happen in Canada and US years ago, not sure about the other countries.

Bad things happen, eventually. The only people that can stop bad things are the people committing it.

If writing this gets me banned, at least give me a temporary ban.
Bad things happen, eventually. But there are things that can be done to decrease the chances of them happening. And the fact that bad things happen doesn't make it any less tragic.

nonsense. If the campus allowed people with concealed carry permits to actually do so - it's highly possible that this shooter could have been neutralized as a threat before killing this many kids.

nonsense. If the campus allowed people with concealed carry permits to actually do so - it's highly possible that this shooter could have been neutralized as a threat before killing this many kids.
I think what Corpfox meant is that people who intend to harm others will eventually find a way to do so, even if they don't find an immediate opportunity.

Ohio instituted CC laws a few years back. I only know of 3 people that applied for a permit... and that's among adults that can afford weapons, training, etc.

Now look that most people on campus are between 18 and 25, don't have enough money to pay their own bills... think most of them have a CCW permit? Doubtful. I suppose at best, there would have been less overall that were killed, but there still would have been quite a few. CCW might make a difference in simple mugging, but not a significant difference in something on this scale.

And I agree with CorpFox/Tek. The shooter left a very long note blaming others for his actions. Yes, any one of us could come up with reasons to go on a killing spree and blame it on "the man", but at some point, we have to take ownership of our mistakes, shortcomings, and problems. Blameshifting onto a faceless entity and taking it out on random people can hardly be justified.

I could really use a concealed weapon, in that my college is in Flint, MI. In the past year, numerous kids were robbed at gunpoint. Just 4 weeks ago, there was a drive-by! Crazy stuff.

Well, I just heard that Flint's one of the most dangerous places to live in the US for its size/population (between 7th worst and 3rd worst)

That and Saginaw. Creepy places.

i could use one too..it's crazy dangerous where i take martial arts lessons (ironic, no?) i'd personally wanna carry a Desert Eagle...but hta's not the point.

I'll be praying for the families of the peope involved as well.

I live in the UK, so carrying a firearm in public gets you arrested ;). Was wondering what exactly is a concealed carry permit (other than a licence to carry a gun).

Excuse my ignorance :eek:

Back