Trading in games

amusedtoe

Ok so I'm probably going to go trade in some stuff in the next couple days, and calling stores to find things out makes me tmid as can be for some reason. So since stores pwnt me nubbyness I'll ask ya'll first before I call so I sound less dumb.
biggrin.gif
First is EB or Gamestop better and why? Does anyone know what other platforms they'll take back besides the current generation of stuff? Also same deal with Blockbuster since I just realized they take games now that they've opened their GameRush deal. Anything else I should know before I call and go in and make a complete nub of myself?
biggrin.gif
Also does anyone know what kind of a trade in I'd get on my original GBA since I'm trading stuff in most likely to get an SP or DS.

Hmm, never traded in to EB or Gamestop cause we have a GameCrazy just minutes from our house. GameCrazy has a MVP club where you get an extra 10% credit added to your used game and accessory trades. Also we save an extra 10% on all used games and accessories we purchase. Might want to ask if the stores have a program if you are thinking of doing trade-ins on a regular basis (with our kids it is couple times a year). Otherwise if it is a one-time deal, don't worry about it and just ask what the going price is on the trade-in at each and go to the one with the best deal.

They will typically give you $$ back for anything. GameStop seems to have better prices than EBGames, but you will have to call the stores up and see what they are offering. Whichever will give you more back is the winner!

i prefer local stores that are seperately own becuase they give me awesome deals. but i would suggest which ever one youve had more business with

I rarely ever shop at either store almost always go to Best Buy unless they don't have it. Have a reward zone card so it saves a little to begin with, and they put stuff on sale not to mention 110% price matching and adjustment for 30 days. Just got 15 bucks back on HL2 yesterday. Also other then those places I don't know of anywhere else, other then MediaPlay which isn't that great, and no where else that does trade ins.

Was at the mall tonight with the girl and stopped into the GameStop their and talked to the guy for a minute. He said 20 bucks for the GBA, which I kinda figured it would be, but will have to check around with the other 82 in the area to see which ones still take N64 stuff since theirs didn't.

Weird off note; I was also in Toys'R'Us and they had like 40 new copies of Perfect Dark, no exageration. Kind of weird.

I'm too impatient to begin with, too untrusting of anything that I'd give stuff to and not get something back in exchange immediatly. It doesn't help that I've really never used Ebay, or that I don't have a digital camera to show the stuff since everythings in primo condition. Then there's the impatience again of waiting for all of this to transpire when I want it now.
tounge.gif

I've been ripped off by both EBGames and Gamestop too many times. I usually post a message to a group of my friends about games that I have to sell or trade.

If anyone is interested, we work out a deal. If there isn't any interest, I end up selling it on Ebay.

Speaking of this...it would be cool if CGAlliance had a forum section devoted to members selling & trading stuff. I have a couple of Xbox games that I've been thinking about getting rid of.

Well even though I didn't like this 15% commison half.com wanted, I figured I would try putting a couple of things up there see how they went. The only way you can sell stuff is if you have a creit card, and a checking account. Now I could go out and get both of those if I so desire, but I have no actual need for them and they'd just help mess up my credit the impulse shopper that I am. So
tounge.gif
to whoever suggested that.
wink.gif

Ok I acctually on a lark searched out Gamecrazys site, and it ends up there's one less then 5 miles from here, which really surprised me since I've never even heard of them and I can't place it in my head where it is on the road it says it on even though I know it pretty well. Oh well. Does anyone know if they'll give you cash back or if it's just store credit since Meijer has a really good deal right now.

Perhaps
smile.gif

I traded in a few of my old GameCube games (Like Rogue Squadron, NHL 2003, etc.) my GameBoy player and the GBA SP for $90. I put some money down for the DS, the rest went to a wireless Xbox controller
cool.gif

Maybe I'll go today since I have some time, we'll see. Trying to decide whether to get the MVP thing or not. If it was $5 or $10 it'd be a no brainer, but $20's a little steep. Of course you get your choice of OPM, XBN, or EGM which is nice and makes it more reasonable since those subscriptions pretty much cover the whole $20, but they probably don't come with the discs which is a good bit of the point of the magazines.

If you get the MVP thing tho, you get another 10% back on your trade in, plus the special MVP offers, etc.

Back