Tracker Set Armor- tier 2 rvr 3-piece

ewoksrule

I saw this great write up on waaagh.wordpress.com Syp details how to get your tier2 set armor. Enjoy!

The Tracker
September 23, 2008
Psst! Hey Order guy! Yeah, you! How would you like your wet-behind-the-ears-in-Tier-2 soldier to get a great three-piece set of armor with shiny bonuses? Hey, hey, don’t walk away, I’ll sweeten the deal. Tell you what, I’ll throw in an armory Tome unlock… AND a really cool title! How’s that sound?

Personally, to me, that sounded great. Once the vanguard of our guild’s levelers were pushing into T2 content, the buzz came back to us T1’s that there was a “must get” suit of armor that wasn’t too hard to obtain, as long as you did your scenarios and had a few friends to help you out with the last part. The only tricky spot was that it required a bit of traveling across all three T2 pairings and a bit of diligence. I always like the idea of “assured” gear, as long as I put in the work (probably why I like PQs so much), and last night I finally assembled all three of the pieces to my Tracker armor set.

Although it looks like there’s a counterpart on the Destruction side, it’ll obviously follow a different guide that I’m not going to present today. For Order folk, however, you might want to think long and hard about getting this set — despite what WARDB lists, there’s a (3) set bonus as well, and the dual set bonuses alone make this a very appealing set. For my Engineer, it boosted both my ballistics skill and a couple ranks of my Gun Blast. When completed, it gives you a nice armory unlock, and access to the title “The Tracker” — which is pretty nifty. Plus, hey, it’s a cool-looking suit of armor and quite possibly one of the first you might obtain in the game!

So how do you go about getting this? Here’s a quick step-by-step guide to this awesome feat of bravery (much thanks to guildie Doxie for doing the groundwork and putting this guide on our forums):

• When you hit about 12, you can begin to obtain your three-piece RvR armor quests. There is one quest per pairing, so you’ll need to know where your warcamps/flight masters are to help you fly between the zones.
  • At rank 12, you can get the Empire quest. Go to the first camp down the road as you pass from Troll Country to Ostland and talk to Stephan Longstein. It’s a quest to kill 20 Marauder players (not NPCs). The name of the quest is “Facing Death.” After you kill the players and turn it in, you are asked to kill a level 13 or so hero (bring friends!), and they give you some fine gloves you can wear at level 12.
  • At 13, you can get the High Elf quest. Go to the first town down the road as you pass from Shadowlands to Ellyrion and talk to Toridrel Goldbeam. It’s a quest to kill 20 witch elf players (not NPCs). The name is “Into the Flames“. After you kill the players and turn it in, you are asked to kill a level 14 or so Hero, and they give you a fine chestpiece you can wear at level 16.
  • At 14, you can get the Dwarf quest: Fly to Barak Varr and go south into Marshes of Madness to the northern quest hub and talk to Alaric Grimstone. Get a quest named “Eye for an Eye,” which asks you to kill 80 players. When you turn that in you are offered a quest to kill a level 15 or so Hero, and the reward is a fine pair of boots you can wear at 13.
80 players, 20 Marauders and 20 Witch Elves might seem like a tall order, but they come faster than you think, especially if you’re diligent with scenarios. Remember, you don’t have to SOLO kill them, just be part of the kill. I think I ran about six or seven scenarios to complete these three quests, and the hero killing took us (apart from being sidetracked) a little under 45 minutes.

Good luck!

I would like to get all three pieces this weekend. Anyone interested coming along to help and /or get their pieces as well?

If you do want to come you need to be lvl 14 and have picked up the RvR quests: Facing Death, Into the Flames and Eye for an Eye. By getting the quests ahead of time we will all be on the same page and can run RvR until we all have all of the kills that we need and then can kill the Heros.

IF there is interest I will see if I (or someone else if you need to be an officer to run something) can host and post the event.

My War time is split with WoW and I really have no idea when I will get on next. Especially considering I'm trying to reduce my on-computer time.

I plan on running a grp into scenerios to get all of the RvR kills that we need and then killing the Heros that we need to get all three pieces of the T2 armor.

When: 9pm EST tonight Saturday
Who: anyone that can play in the T2 area is welcome to join us :)

I am setting this up but if someone "in charge" could post this on the calendar I would appreciate it. Also strategy is not my strong point so if someone that can do a better job wants to lead that portion of it feel free.

Back