ToJ Tag

Flashon

I was wondering what toj.cc's CC stands for.. at first i thought it was something like Christian CS (which TOTALLY sounds cool, but doesn't in other games). answers plz?

I use my tag whenever there are ToJ people around. (only exception would probably be scrim that may come later on) And i jus wondered what it meant. I came to no solution unfortunately lol

The cc domain was originally for a small group of islands somewhere near Australia and Asia. Since they didn't have any use for it they sold it to Clear Channel and it is now being sold anyone who wants one.
smile.gif

So you can say the cc stands whatever you want
smile.gif
. Command Center is popular and Christian Community isn't bad.

Command Center is the original meaning I would guess. It's a starcraft reference, and our old site http://tojcc.net-games.com had "Tribe of Judah Command Center" as the title. So...to recap...the .cc in the tag is a reference to the TLD of our website, which is an old artifact of our roots in starcraft. Yes tek, I called starcraft old.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Que Pasa @ Nov. 05 2003,12:50)]Yes tek, I called starcraft old.
Yes, well, it might be old, but it's still the best real-time strategy game available. *prepares shield against onslaught from Warcraft III players* In faaact, a few of us got together for a few games last night on Battle.net. 'Twas much fun, except for that losing more than winning bit. >_<

Oh, and for those still wondering about the truth behind the .CC domain...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Though it may not mean much to dot-cc customers who only know of its world-wide functionality, the "cc" of dot-cc is technically a designation for the Cocos (Keeling) Islands, a territory of Australia located in the Indian Ocean with fewer than 700 residents.

eNIC Corporation acts as the administrator for what Internet technicians call a top level county code domain, assigned by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA), an entity contracted by the U.S. Government.

Like the holder of a government broadcast or wireless-telephone license, administrators are expected to manage domains for the benefit of the Internet community. In that spirit, eNIC maintains very high standards of professionalism and reliability for customers, and also works directly with Cocos islanders to revamp their telecommunications systems and expand their economy. eNIC has funded the installation of a new GSM wireless telephone system, complete with access to the World Wide Web for businesses and schools.

wow.gif
y does people always hav to be East coast... I can't see people from east coast servers when im connected to west...

RIGHT? well i hope i won't lag in east coastz

I ahve to agree partiolly with tek7 about the starcraft being the best FPS. I do agree, i have had more fun in my life playing a Starcraft FPS blizzard created than any other FPS. Yet, i argue now that WArcraft III is more fun to play than starcraft. I can't wait till the next starcraft FPS is released....knowing blizzard, I will be 20 when it is announced and 30 when it is released. I was so hyped up when i read the headline on blizzard "Starcraft: Ghost" i was abou to explode with joy! Then reading it was going to be a shooter...i lost a bit of enthusiasim....ok alot....but i bet i was still the first in the country to reservere it for my humble gamecube. Peace to you War Vs. Star friends. I no go to play a Wintermaul!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (maklaka @ Dec. 04 2003,9:28)]I ahve to agree partiolly with tek7 about the starcraft being the best FPS.  
is there some other kind of FPS that i dont know about?
or did you mean RTS?

Back